What size(s) for new steel brake lines?

-

PaulRM

Reaction score
I'm upgrading front drum brakes on '68 dart from 9" to 10" and will be installing new M/C, wheel cylinders , shoes and hardware. Are all the steel lines of the 3/16" size or (as someone recently said to me) the main line from the distribution block to the rear flex hose is 1/4". BTW, new shoes, wheel cylinders, hardware for rear 9" brakes and of course new flex hoses (3). Thanks in advance... Paul

I'm upgrading front drum brakes on '68 dart from 9" to 10" and will be installing new M/C, wheel cylinders , shoes and hardware. Are all the steel lines of the 3/16" size or (as someone recently said to me) the main line from the distribution block to the rear flex hose is 1/4". BTW, new shoes, wheel cylinders, hardware for rear 9" brakes and of course new flex hoses (3). Thanks in advance... Paul

All are 3/16" for Mopars.. Older GM's used 1/4" to the rear as an aid in proportioning the front/rear brakes.

Thanks so much Redfastback for your response. No doubt the person advising me on 1/4" size has experience with G.M. cars; as you mentioned. Cheers Paul

-
Back