What Size Tack Strip?

-
Reaction score
I need to replace the tack strip in the rearmost bow on my 1969 Barracuda convertible. It appears to be about 0.5 X 0.5 cross section, but I can't find any this size. The closest available is 0.5 wide X 0.375 thick. Can anyone confirm the size I need or what will work?

I need to replace the tack strip in the rearmost bow on my 1969 Barracuda convertible. It appears to be about 0.5 X 0.5 cross section, but I can't find any this size. The closest available is 0.5 wide X 0.375 thick. Can anyone confirm the size I need or what will work?

no help on the correct size since my 66 measured in at .5 x .375 on one end and .5 x .5 on the other (looks like water got in on the .5 side)
if you want it to be .5 x.5 then just find a local to you plastic shop like "Sabic" plastics is to me and have them cut you a strip of .5 expanded ABS in the .5 x.5 length you need. that's what we use on the tack strips (.675 x.5 size) in the 60's Lincoln top and side tack strips. It (the expanded ABS) holds tacks and staples really well and can be reused about 4 times before replacing. Just remember that you will have "2" (1st layer is the rear window mounting material and second layer is the top itself.) layers in that area and do not want it to bulge up when you put on the wire-on finish strip. pre-bend the wire on in the area you want it to crease at before you start to staple it on so it looks evenly folded when you look across the top.

-
Back