What size Ubolts?

-

66CudaJim

66 cuda
Reaction score
I'm replacing my 7 1/4 with an 8 3/4 rear. Just ordered leaf springs and shackles. Does anyone know what size diameter and length u-bolts I should need to properly mount the 8 3/4? Thanks, any help would be appreciated as I'm trying to get this 66 Barracuda off the rotisserie.

Jim

Should be 3" x 7" long. Mancinis has stock ubolt kits, ones with the waffle pattern under the "u" for $43 plus shipping. Just installed a set on my 8 3/4, perfect fit with s.s. springs. Less thread showing on the pass side due to extra 1/2 leafs. Torque nuts to 45 ft/lbs

Should be 3" x 7" long. Mancinis has stock ubolt kits, ones with the waffle pattern under the "u" for $43 plus shipping. Just installed a set on my 8 3/4, perfect fit with s.s. springs. Less thread showing on the pass side due to extra 1/2 leafs. Torque nuts to 45 ft/lbs

This ^^^ with the weight of the car on the suspension.

Order before Monday midnight... 30% off sale

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 151
I bought a set of correct 3" U bolts for off ebay for $38, a great deal after price shopping them!

not that I would suggest you do this
but
my local autozone has what the call "trailer axle U bolts as well as "lowering" U bolt
these are 3 inches wide and come in a variety of lengths
I may or may not have bought a set of them in 3X10 and used them when I installed my 8 3/4

total cost (for the U bolts) was less than $20.00

not that I would suggest you do this
but
my local autozone has what the call "trailer axle U bolts as well as "lowering" U bolt
these are 3 inches wide and come in a variety of lengths
I may or may not have bought a set of them in 3X10 and used them when I installed my 8 3/4

total cost (for the U bolts) was less than $20.00

I'm sure those don't have the flatted and knurled pads on the upper radius to keep them from crushing the tube, but an option for sure!!

I'm sure those don't have the flatted and knurled pads on the upper radius to keep them from crushing the tube, but an option for sure!!

exactly why I didn't suggest others do it

I'm replacing my 7 1/4 with an 8 3/4 rear. Just ordered leaf springs and shackles. Does anyone know what size diameter and length u-bolts I should need to properly mount the 8 3/4? Thanks, any help would be appreciated as I'm trying to get this 66 Barracuda off the rotisserie.

Jim
Are you still around Jim? This is James, the guy that sold you the Barracuda. Wanted to see how it turned out. Haven’t seen any posts past 2017.

Are you still around Jim? This is James, the guy that sold you the Barracuda. Wanted to see how it turned out. Haven’t seen any posts past 2017.
If you click on his screen name you get a little info

Looks like he hasn't been on in about 5 years

Screenshot_20220301-233536_Samsung Internet.jpg

-
Back