What stud size for Cragar S/S?

-

Dusterdenovo

Contentedly Old School
Reaction score
I am putting a 'fresh' 8 3/4 into my 6 banger-73 Duster, getting ready for a nice small block. I had new axles put in, for 2 1/2" drum brakes from an e-body.

I went with the big bolt circle, and the shop put in 1/2" studs. I am going with Cragar Classic S/S, and the Cragar website specifys 7/16" studs.

This doesn't make sense - can't see E Body guys all swapping to smaller studs to go with the Cragars. Can't find any Cragar dealers up here in Canada, so can't check this out 'face to face'.

Interested in what other A Body guys have done with this combo.

I just put new Cragars on the 67 Cuda..........fronts are small bolt, backs are big bolt.......Fronts take 7/16" studs.....but all of the big bolts take 1/2"......I don't think there are any exceptions............

That's what's confusing me - a little lower down on that web page it says P/N 27721-4 7/16 RH with center hole washers, which according to them is the lug required for the 4.5" BC.

I guess you can't take the website info too literally.

Appreciate hearing from so many "Moparphiles" out there. This is my first time at jumping into one of these forums - looks like the first of many as there's so much knowledge out there. Keep up the good work everyone.

MOPAR RULES

ALL 5 on 4 are 7/16, ALL 5 on 4 1/2 are 1/2 inch studs, no exceptions, All universal cragars take an offset washer, All pattern specific cragars take a center hole washer. this is for S/S wheels only. other wheels may apply but we are not concerned with them

-
Back