What The Firetruck

-

tiltsix

Reaction score
I went to work this morning and gas was 3.89 a gallon.On the way home it was 4.15 This crap is crazy.Im glad I left the slant in the dart. 20 mpg I can still drive it when I want............Jeff

Is that really what a slant gets? 20 MPG.

Is that in stock form.

I have one all rebuilt and sitting on a pallet in my shop. would probably take a weekend to swap it into one of my Swingers.

Yeah a fairly hot 318 can get better. lol

im getting right about 16 with my V8 and four barrel. gas is 3.88 for premium. slowly getting higher.

Yeah a fairly hot 318 can get better. lol

Really? What do you mean by fairly hot. I have a 318 in one of the darts now, and it's a mild build, but it sucks on gas. I was thinking of dropping the stock 2 Bbl back on it.

73AbodEE said:
im getting right about 16 with my V8 and four barrel. gas is 3.88 for premium. slowly getting higher.

Not Mopars, but my two gas work trucks get good mpg's on V8's. I have a 2000 4.8L Chevy long bed that will pull 20-21 mpg all day long and it's got nearly 250,000 miles on it, and my '08 GMC 5.3L has a lifetime average of 18.2 mpg it's got 74K on it.
Coming across the country from New Mexico/Arizona line to Georgia in the GMC I was towing the Chevy on a trailer and I averaged 17.2 for the trip, including going through the Rockies. My 2 Cummins pick ups will do as well or better!

I've been thinking about switching both darts to an EFI system to improve mileage. To my way of thinking, there should be no reason with better fuel controls that the 318 and the 360 shouldn't be getting about 18 MPG.

-
Back