What thermostats are you guys running?

-

Mo Power

Reaction score
Ok well my heater core was leaking and I just got it replaced but the guy didn't know where some of the vaccum lines hooked up at. Also my door needs to be manully closed to switch from hot to cold but I'll fix that. But he said my temp is running a little bit colder then usual and I just replaced the water neck and thermostat as well but got those from O reilys just one for a 318. And I was wondering could just buying that thermostat from them be the problem why it's not the temp it should be?

If you are running it in cooler weather. You should have a 192
stat in there.
I'm running a 160 stat in my Duster, but I only run it in warm
weather. It keeps it cooler, to try to make some more HP.
Works good at the strip.

i run 160 in my old dart will run 160in the other when its done

Well also the reason I ask I dont know if having cold of a thermostat is causing this but my carb squeaks real bad when its started and eventually goes away. So I dont know if its from that or its getting to muchair and isn't adjusted properly. It will still squeak when I'm driving but after awhile it will fade away and I would like to know why its making that noise.

Well also the reason I ask I dont know if having cold of a thermostat is causing this but my carb squeaks real bad when its started and eventually goes away. So I dont know if its from that or its getting to muchair and isn't adjusted properly. It will still squeak when I'm driving but after awhile it will fade away and I would like to know why its making that noise.

One thing you need to keep in mind is that the thermostat does not control the operating temperature of the engine only the temperature at which the thermostat opens and permits water to circulate through the cooling system. If your carburetor is squeaking then it probably has something rubbing or worn that needs adjusting or repairing. I`d have a "carburetor guy" take a look at it and see if there`s something out of adjustment.

i have always run 180's in all my older vehicles. as far as the carb look for a worn throttle shaft. sometimes when the choke is closed it will pull air through a worn throttle or choke shaft and cause a whistling noise.

I run a 180 motorrad thermostat in mine. It's the kind that if it fails it will stick open not shut.

Well thats odd cause the guy I bought it from had recipts saying the carb was rebuilt and its a 2 barrel and it still has the sticker on the side indicating it was rebuilt on a some date which can't be that old if thats still on there.

-
Back