What throttle pressure linkage are you using?

-

az426hemi

Reaction score
I am converting my '63 Dart push button to a later model 904. My questions are:

1. I was wondering if the later 5 pc linkage will fit the early a car?
2. What came stock on the '66 904 cars?
3. What are any of the 63-65 guys that have converted to the later trans using?

Thanks,
Mike

there,s few out there lokar (spelling) cable operated .... or manual valve body ..the cables work well ... some times a ***** to set but all in all not to bad

I have Doug's headers on the car and the cables exit the firewall and lay right on one of the header tubes. It is only a matter of time before the cable is toast. I have 4 layers of a heat resistant material wedged in between them not. I am using the Bouchillon cable throttle pressure set up and the throttle is very stiff. But my gas pedal setup is off of a later hanging pedal car. I am tired of battling the leaks so I have decided to go to the later setup.

I am interested to know if anyone has been able to use the later linkage. I want to use factory stuff if possible.

Thanks,
Mike

No one is running a later model 904 in their 64 or 65 a body? Or has a 904 in their 66 with stock throttle pressure linkage?

Mike

Mike I've been looking for kickdown linkage for my 65 valiant wagon with no luck. Some one converted my wagon to a 318-2 and 904 from a 1977 car. It doesn't have any kickdown linkage at all and I was trying to find 1966 linkage to use if it would work. I'm thinking I'm going to go with the lokar cable setup. They offer it in black so it would blend in. I think a V-8 kickdown linkage for 1966 car will go for over $100. Jayson

No one is running a later model 904 in their 64 or 65 a body? Or has a 904 in their 66 with stock throttle pressure linkage?

Mike

I THOUGHT the kickdown linkage is the same for the 64-66 V8 cars with 904. its not.

I'm converting to a later 904 too. For the shift linkage, I bought a 66 steering column with all the shifter (gear selector linkage). Currently, I have a column / cable shifted 65. the kickdown is an unknown.

here is a pict of the 65 kickdown with a 273.
On a 64 Valiant, I did use a 318 and a later 904, using the later linkage I used a floor shifter with cable. so I don't know if the shifter linkage from a 66 would interfere witht a later kickdown.

anyone have picts of the 66 kickdown?

Attachments

• 3eng4.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 106
jysnflem,
To use the later 904 with the lokar setup, you need the throttle pressure lever from a later 904 as well. But you will need a non-mopar carb throttle lever(chevy style) to make the lokar carb bracketry work. If you use the lokar throttle cable, the firewall side is crappy at best and quickly wears a groove into the soft aluminum fitting. The way I fixed this was to take the carb-side fittings from the lokar and install them on the standard mopar throttle cable. Eureka! After years of hassles I finally have a throttle that works flawlessly.
The last piece of the puzzle was to eliminate the terrible chrome carb bracket that lokar includes for Holleys. With an AFB and the billet aluminum bracket, it's like a factory engineered setup.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 89
-
Back