what tire for these wheels?

-

bamacuda

Reaction score
I have a 65 Barracuda
I have - 5 on 4" - 14" centerline wheels, (2) 8" with 4" backspace and (2) 7" with 3 1/2" backspace. What tire size should I use with these wheels on this car? I am looking, as you may have guessed, for maximum traction and a good beefy look.

Also, the center caps are missing. Any ideas on where I can get any caps?
Thanks, David

Centercaps are expensive for Centerlines, look at Summit. I'd try the wheels on the car first, and see what kind of clearance you have. Those offsets sound a little on the positive side for the wheel widths, to fit a good sized tire inside the wheel well that is.

NWDave (and others) so put the empty wheels on the car (one front and one rear) and get clearance on rears to inside and outside. Then on fronts, I will need turning radius clearance for height, and fender clearance for width.

I hope I measured the backspace correctly, i placed a straight edge across the back of the rim and measured from the flat surface at the lug area to the straight edge.

These were on a 72 duster, had huge M/T drag tires on the rears, crappy skinny tires on the front. didn't try them on it before i disposed of the dryrotted tires.

I wasn't aware that M/T made any "huge" drag tires to fit a 14" wheel, they must have been fairly old. Dusters do have spacious rear wheel wells, I remember seeing a guy in the '80's, that squeezed M50-15 M/T's on his with the springs relocated inboard.

When I say huge, they must have been 10-12 inches wide, and in 65 a body terms, thats huge!

-
Back