What to call my new build thread?

-

Idaho

Reaction score
I'm starting a new build on a 69 Dart Custom. Plans for this weekend fun car include a 5.9 Magnum (likely RHS heads etc), 4 speed, 8.8 4:10 rear diff, Caddy CTS seats, pro/amateur touring look mini-tubbed with wheels in the 18" range, stock K with upsized torsion bars, lowered as much as that allows. Maybe drop spindles. I have no defined budget, but will not pour mega bucks into it, since I know better than to think you can ever get it back when the time to sell comes along.

So far I've got most of the way through installing mounts for the front seats. They are extra solid due to integrated seat belts. My progress will likely be slow.

This is after getting part way through a Demon clone project and then mothballing it. Sometimes I wonder if I'll even complete a car or just forever hack away at stuff in the shop. I explain (sort of) my insanity here at the end of the thread:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=161976

I'll be shamelessly borrowing ideas from other builds here on FABO while trying to also make it somewhat unique.

Thread titles can be boring, confusing, weird or fun. I'm not that creative so I'm looking for ideas. Something a bit different.

Attachments

• New 69.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 113
  • CTS seat rails pass2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 132
  • CTS seats test fit.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 125
The money pit ?

Heck I don't know,

How bout the car that Detroit should had built but never did.

Love those caddy seats, all car seats should have the belts attached to them..seats lift up in a hard crash, mounting belts on the floor is so dumb but is still done..no wounder people are still dying too often in crashes

Just a thought.You have a Magnum build going.Look at some of the late model trucks/cars,do a different version of a Magnum R/T.Base on the newer gen Magnum R/T Dakota's.That would,fit in line with newer model upgrades you want to do.Just a concept.

The money pit ?

Heck I don't know,

How bout the car that Detroit should had built but never did.

Love those caddy seats, all car seats should have the belts attached to them..seats lift up in a hard crash, mounting belts on the floor is so dumb but is still done..no wounder people are still dying too often in crashes

Money pit - that's good.

Abodybomber Just a thought.You have a Magnum build going.Look at some of the late model trucks/cars,do a different version of a Magnum R/T.Base on the newer gen Magnum R/T Dakota's.That would,fit in line with newer model upgrades you want to do.Just a concept.

I'd have never thought of that. Never seen it done. Could be cool.

gdrill From a frog to a prince....

I like that a lot - its green, its ugly, but it has to be female so perhaps I'll call it Project Frog Princess. :blob::tongue2::D

I've always called mine "The Mistress". The girlfriend is jealous as hell of all the attention the car gets.

Fiona - that's good too - the story is right.

With me it's been my tractor that makes my wife jealous :glasses7:

Decisions decisions...

-
Back