What to do ???? sugestions

-

plymouth1937

Reaction score
Im pulling my hair on desiding how and what to do whid the front end on my 68 d200 all the pics on the interwebb is whid front bumper but i want to make a rool pan like i did in the back whid 2 driving lights like the 70 cuda kinda, but cant get it right in my head what to do whid the part under the grill if i cut it out and put sheet metal in there the front whil look like a square box any sugestions

20211104_113800.jpg

Im pulling my hair on desiding how and what to do whid the front end on my 68 d200 all the pics on the interwebb is whid front bumper but i want to make a rool pan like i did in the back whid 2 driving lights like the 70 cuda kinda, but cant get it right in my head what to do whid the part under the grill if i cut it out and put sheet metal in there the front whil look like a square box any sugestions

View attachment 1715865033

20211229_104457.jpg

Not sure if I got this correctly, but you will be eliminating the front bumper and brackets. So incorporate the part under the grill into the front roll pan similar to this.
R.ab1e2c0d8d957d086b5dd22c18c16d0a

A friend of mine was killed in a 69 Coronet with no front bumper. They hit a pole and it came in at the headlight. It continued behind the wheel tore the control arms off and followed the frame rail into the car. The pole went between his legs and shoved him into the rear seat and almost out he rear window onto the deck lid. Then the support cable cut him and the car in half from the passenger side to the drivers side. He was a passenger in the front seat. The driver and girl in the middle walked away. The car was in three pieces. My friend was Wilfred Becker. The driver was Marvin Murphy. The sad part is "Butch" AKA Wilfred gave Marv a bumper a couple days before.

Just thought I would throw that out there for you to think about. Show this to your wife or who ever will ride with you.

If you drive like an idiot sh#t will and can happen and we can post stuff like that all day long. Just check out YOUTUBE.

If you drive like an idiot sh#t will and can happen and we can post stuff like that all day long. Just check out YOUTUBE.
You don't have to drive like an idiot to get forced off the road at 60 mph and hit a tree. Do you have a front bumper on your car? Probably.

Not sure if I got this correctly, but you will be eliminating the front bumper and brackets. So incorporate the part under the grill into the front roll pan similar to this.
R.ab1e2c0d8d957d086b5dd22c18c16d0a
Yes you got it right but the problem is that if i just incorperate
You don't have to drive like an idiot to get forced off the road at 60 mph and hit a tree. Do you have a front bumper on your car? Probably.
Of topic???

Bumpers are there for a reason and it's not to take off and discard. Most states have laws requiring bumpers.

Bumpers are there for a reason and it's not to take off and discard. Most states have laws requiring bumpers.
Name them. There are folks here who have put fiberglass bumpers on their cars as well as eliminated the safety features behind the bumpers to either eliminate weight or alter the look of their A bodies. All in with both feet. Now in this thread concerning a custom build in Sweden we're deciding what's legal and safe? It never fails.

Last edited:
Name them

he just did name the reasons and they are called original equipment laws. They are in every state. Although it is the discretion of the officer on duty, I have been pulled over and given 15 day repair order to replace a trunk lock I busted out cause I didn’t have the key. $300.00 car, you got to know what I was thinking.

he just did name the reasons and they are called original equipment laws. They are in every state. Although it is the discretion of the officer on duty, I have been pulled over and given 15 day repair order to replace a trunk lock I busted out cause I didn’t have the key. $300.00 car, you got to know what I was thinking.
lmao, you live in Belgium, Wi., the op is in Sweden. Now we're all law abiding citizens?

You could make a strong roll pan using thicker metal like the bumper and mount it to the frame in place of the bumper.
Or, make a body mounted roll pan and build a reinforcement behind it like a hidden bumper.
On a lot of the classic muscle cars, the bumpers were better than nothing but couldn't have been very strong... Mustang, Camaro, Barracuda, etc..

-
Back