what to do ?

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
well i have been wanting to put a hood scoop on my car most likely the 340 scoop and i was wondering if i should get another hood and do it or do it with the one i have. The reason im asking is becasue i have right now has the original paint. so thats why im asking if i should get another hood to chop up thanks

I would say if you have nice paint on your car that you may want to consider picking up another hood and maybe flatblack it and install scoop on it. This way you always have the option of switching it back. Mike

That's what I did with mine. The guy before me repainted the
whole car and painted the hood black. put the 340 wedge decal
on it. I couldn't hack it up. Got another hood from a buddy
and cut it up for the scoop. This way I could go back to a flat
hood. But it works so well getting fresh air into the engine.
With a good paint job, I would get another hood if I were you.
My 2 cents worth.

duster work.gif

well theres one spot in the front thats like i would say 5-8in around thats primer but thats the only thing wrong with the hood. so do you think i should still but another one?

Being that the present hood would need to be painted anyway, then I would put scoop on this hood and flatblack it. If it turns out you don't like it then you could pick up another hood later and paint it, if it turns out you're happy with it you save money on picking up another hood. Mike

acutally now the hood i have has like a penny size metal spot not rust but bare metal and the primer was overspray so i sanded it off and now theres no gloss on there so should i still get another hood?

If you have access to another hood get it. You never know what might happen to yours. For nothing else nice to have a spare.... :salute:

-
Back