What to do.........

-
I go down a road in my neighborhood because of a detour and this road is literally like being in another part of the country. There is one house that has a real caboose train car in the yard and a bunch of vehicles. When I was driving by yesterday I took a good look and saw a Ramcharger pickup that looked to be in nice shape, a 70 Duster that is in black primer and had at least one rallye wheel on it and also what looks like a Road Runner under a cover missing its front clip in the driveway. I am thinking about going to the house and knocking on the door but I do not want to get shot.......hahaha.....Would you knock? or let it go?
Pics or BAN.... Just roll that way when you can with your car for a week or two or whatever, make sure he can hear you, that way when you pull up he'll be curious. Give a friendly hello and should be pretty clear.

Nobody knows how to actually write a letter anymore... and notes on windshields or doors generally just get tossed. Pick your time to approach the guy- just picture how YOU would want to be approached. NOT in the middle of the work day, NOT at dinnertime. After work hours, but not just as the guy's pulling into the driveway after a long frustrating day. Then phrase it politely, like you're asking a favor- "Hey, I was driving by, and noticed you're a Mopar guy. I've got a '70 Duster (or whatever) that I'm working on, and thought you may know of someone or some place that may have *** parts I'm trying to find". It breaks the ice, doesn't put him (or you) in a spot you're not comfortable with, and opens the door for the conversation to develop in a hundred different directions with no pressure on anybody.
He could counter with "Yeah, I might know a few people" or "How would you like a whole car?" Either way, you win.
It's just the art of tactful conversation- too bad social media has all but killed it.
I have never just knocked on someone else door. I will drive buy several times until I see someone outside and will stop and chat. I call it, "getting your foot in the door". Knocking on someone door could give a negative effect for a first encounter.

-
Back