What tolerance is required for a spring relocation?

-

Graminizer

The "Big G"
Reaction score
I am doing a spring relocation using the US Car Tool kit. As it sits now, I have the boxes within an 1/8" corner to corner. That's from the torsion bar mounts to the outside bottom spring mounting holes on the boxes. I also have the boxes parallel to each other. I used a 5/8" threaded rod running all the way through both boxes to give minor controlled movement to help get the boxes parallel. My question is, how close do you guys think it needs to be? I think I can get it within a 1/16" corner to corner, maybe a little better. I just need to know how far I ha ve to take it. Thanks for your input.

Demon Boxes.jpg

Last edited:
1/8" is the max it can be out of alignment. 1/16" would be better, but you will be fine with 1/8" if you chose to let it be. The reason I know this is I built a ladder bar setup for a duster and in the instructions it said to keep the alignment at 1/8" or less. In case you need to know, it was in the competition engineering instructions.

I am doing a spring relocation using the US Car Tool kit. As it sits now, I have the boxes within an 1/8" corner to corner. That's from the torsion bar mounts to the outside bottom spring mounting holes on the boxes. I also have the boxes parallel to each other. I used a 5/8" threaded rod running all the way through both boxes to give minor controlled movement to help get the boxes parallel. My question is, how close do you guys think it needs to be? I think I can get it within a 1/16" corner to corner, maybe a little better. I just need to know how far I ha ve to take it. Thanks for your input.

View attachment 1715076932
Why not try for perfect ??

View attachment 1715076932

Did you have to cut the threaded rod out once you welded in the boxes?

-
Back