what tranny fluid do i use. HELP!

-

Demon_Dan

Reaction score
I have a TCI 727 tranny ..i had a leaky neutral safety switch and now im low on fluid ..what type of tranny fluid belongs in there..i dont need fancy just the proper type ..hope someone gets back to me soon so i can get to the store before they close..thanks!

"Can you use type "F"?"

Sure..........in a Ford or some Toyotas.

NOT in a Mopar.

My Mopar transmission guru recommends 7176 Mopar oil or Dextron III and a pint of Lubeguard.

my Direct connection manual reccomended "F" type to improve shift firmness
This may be "dated early 80's"
info...

Trans fluid differs mainly in shift quality and resistance to temperature degradation. Type F is fine in a Mopar 3spd AT. The newer stuff will also work, and is insurance against heat breaking down the fluid. Mixing the types isn't necessarily a great idea, but will get you home. The reason you don't want to mix them goes more to knowing what the fluid is made up of in that trans. In other words, what percentage of each fluid so that the quality of the fluid is known.

I have always been told to use type F, never the Dextron stuff. Even the Mopar mags say to use type F, including the Mopar guy at Kennedy trans that built my auto trans.

i guess i've been told use F for a firmer shift too, but my tranny in my truck reccomends dex so thats what i use, the tranny dipstick will usually tell you either on the handle or the rod itself

-
Back