What transfer pump have you had luck with?

-

340wedge

Reaction score
I am going to be replacing the fluid in my 8 3/4 soon and I was wondering what transfer pump works best on a budget to remove the fluid? Basically a hand pump style nothing too fancy:)

I bought a hand held pump from an auto parts store and it had ribs along the length, totally useless waste of money.

Use grease on one side of your housing gasket and it won't tear when you pull the front of the chunk off to drain the oil.

Use grease on one side of your housing gasket and it won't tear when you pull the front of the chunk off to drain the oil.
Yep, rtv or similar your gasket to the housing. Then a little gear oil on the front side and you can use the gasket over many times.
I’ve changed my center section 4-5 times in the past several years with the same gasket still being used.

I use one of these.

Drill/tap/plug 1/4 npt off to one side (so you don't hit it with a floor jack) of the diff housing. Super cool guy could weld a bung to the outside of housing if you were worried the housings metal wasn't thick enough for tapping.

$0.02.

I like the rtv/oil trick though. Learning something every day.

-
Back