What trim rings for 15x10 rallye wheels?

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a set of SBP rallye wheels on my 72 duster.

My fronts I believe are 14"x6" (not sure of backspacing off hand)......Im sure finding trim rings for the front wheels wont be to difficult....but its the rears I am worried about.

The rears are 15"x10" with a 5.5" backspace I believe. They are a pretty deep dished wheel. And the largest chrysler style rallye wheel trim rings I am finding state they are for 15"x7".....which I am assuming will be to shallow for my wheels.

I have heard 15"x8" trim rings work for 15"x10" wheels but I am not sure if thats true or not.

so I figured id ask you guys what my options are?.....will any trim rings work?.....is the only real difference in the chrysler style trim rings the exterior design?.....or do they use a different style clip/clip location....or?.

I see summit racing looks like they have their summit branded trim rings in some deeper depth rings (2.75" deep ring......which I am still am not certain will work for my wheels until I can get the chance to actually measure the exterior depth of my dish).

any help from someone who may have been in the same boat as I....or that knows a thing or 2 about this kind of stuff would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

And here is a few pictures of my duster to give you an idea of what my wheels look like.

I think a 3" trim ring is the deepest they make, as found on the super coupe / magnum GT 15 x 8 wheels

I have 15x8 rallies and need 1 trim ring as well, I think Stockton wheels is the only place to get them,
Anyone else know???
Ed.

anyone know if any trim rings fir?....or is a chrysler rallye trim ring the only ones that fit these wheels?.

not familiar with swapping trim rings on different sets of wheels. so hoping someone else can give me the answers im looking for and maybe point me in the direction of some that will work for my set up.

The rear wheels are 15 x 10 with a custom 4.85inch back space. Running standard 14 x 5.5 on the front.

Thanks so far guys.

Still looking for some more specific answers ....feel free to chime in if you have something to add. Thanks

heres the WV on my 15x8, they dont look much like the originals

Attachments

• demon new 005 (1280x853).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,287
original on front 14x5.5"

Attachments

• demon new 004 (1280x853).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,060
When you are cross breeding 14 inch and 15 inch wheels its very hard to get matching rings , most of the time the issue is , the 15 inch rings are not deep enough ( because of the 8 inch wheel ).

Frank

That's why I'm still trying to find out if for example trim rings from a Chevy or aftermarket like summit racing will work or anything?.... Size options open up if I'm not strictly limited to Chrysler. But I don't know who all (if any) share the same clip design as the Chrysler rallye has. So still looking for some more specific info to help determine my options

I used to be able to get these in 14 inch and 15 inch , would have to check and see if I can still get them and how much they are. Only thing is the 15 inch ones are not as deep as a 15 x 7 ralley trim ring...

Frank

-
Back