What type of bulbs are needed for fendertop indicators?

-

jeryst

Reaction score
I have a 68 Dart with fendertop turn signal indicators. They do not have any bulbs in them.

Can someone tell me what number/type of bulb is needed, and where I may be able to find them?

great question i have same car but would like to krow how to get white film off of lense maybe napa could set you up good luck

great question i have same car but would like to krow how to get white film off of lense maybe napa could set you up good luck

I tried Advance Auto. They cant even find them in any of their books. At least not by application. That's why I'm hoping to be able to get some type of number for them.

I have a 68 Dart with fendertop turn signal indicators. They do not have any bulbs in them.

Can someone tell me what number/type of bulb is needed, and where I may be able to find them?
#168 bulbs. Should be available everywhere.

#168 bulbs. Should be available everywhere.

The #168 bulbs will not work for the fender top signal indicators. I looked at them in the parts store, and they are too big and do not have a metal base.

The bulbs that go into the indicators are very thin, and appear to have a single contact metal base.

The #168 bulbs will not work for the fender top signal indicators. I looked at them in the parts store, and they are too big and do not have a metal base.

The bulbs that go into the indicators are very thin, and appear to have a single contact metal base.
Sorry about that, there must be a difference in later years. My 75 Duster has 168s, unfortunately my 69 Dart doesn't have the lights.

Okay, I found out that the bulb is a #330. I tried NAPA, but no dice.

They are listed as an aircraft bulb.

Does anyone know anyone that handles them? I dont want to order them online because the shipping costs more than the bulbs do.

www.aircraftspruce.com would certainly have them. Any FBO at your local airport should be able to put you on to them as well. Pre-78 Cessna's and Pipers used them for instrument panel "post lights".

TTBOMK #168 was never used in any fendertop turn indicators, though it was used in '72-up sidemarker lights (on the sides of the fenders). Different lamp. UPDATE: Wrong, see below, 168 was used in some fendertop indicators.

Pick up a ten-pack of the premium version of the correct fendertop signal bulb (with nickel-plated base that won't corrode) from my former employer here, or spend just about equal money on two lower-quality bulbs elsewhere.

(…and while you're at it, make your '68-'71 sidemarkers 60% brighter with these, your '72-up sidemarkers 60% brighter with these, and your reversing lights nearly 100% brighter with these.)

#168 was never used in any fendertop turn indicators. It was used in '72-up sidemarker lights (on the sides of the fenders). Different lamp.

Pick up a ten-pack of the premium version of the correct fendertop signal bulb (with nickel-plated base that won't corrode) from my former employer here, or spend just about equal money on two lower-quality bulbs elsewhere.

(…and while you're at it, make your '68-'71 sidemarkers 60% brighter with these, your '72-up sidemarkers 60% brighter with these, and your reversing lights nearly 100% brighter with these.)
Don't bet too much money on that.

DSCN1516 (Small).JPG

Good to know, I need to replace one too. I just dont need a (more than a lifetime supply) 10 pack. Anyone who is going to Carlisle want to split a pack? Thanks all.

krusin moons has them online , and yes they are the # 330 's
krusin moons is usually at mopars at carlisle too .

my local independent auto parts store can get them , but you have to buy ten , which need to be special ordered and have to pay for shipping . which the total for that is around 30 bucks

BUT, the # 330 's are .5 candlepower , the auto parts place can get a .33 candlepower bulb that will work box of ten total is $ 7.50 no shipping . but you would have to get them here in south jersey . i dont know how much a difference in .17 candlepower , probably not much .

thats all i found so far , im probably gonna go with krusin moons though , becasue i need a new wire anyway .

couldn't even get a stinking wire at englishtown mopars - worst show ever

KRUSIN MOONS will have them at their booth in carlisle , i think they are 5.00 a pair

I often wondered where to buy the bulbs. I took a soldering iron to mine and built up the ball on the end so they now make contact again.

A friend of mine owns a garage. He went online on NAPA and found them so he ordered me a couple. He said they'll be here tomorrow morning. I didnt ask about the cost, but when I get them, I'll post it here.

C130 Chief is right. If you live near an airport that has a maintenance operation, they should have some. Those bulbs are used by the hundreds in small airplanes for instrument panel lighting and press-to-test indicators.

UPDATE

Got the bulbs this morning. $1.65 each. Dont know if that was his cost or not, but that's what he charged me.

-
Back