What we have here is a mystery concerning a 1970 Cuda VIN & a broadcast sheet.........

-

Alaskan_TA

Reaction score
What we have here is a mystery concerning a 1970 Cuda VIN & a broadcast sheet.........

I love a good mystery! Especially if & when it is solved. :)

If you own a 1970 Cuda with a 383 & your VIN starts with BS23N0B34908 - something ?

You may want to take a look at the August 2019 'item of the month' at www.hamtramck-historical.com

Everything looks right except it needs another or more digits at the end of 34908 -
Body Type: B = Barracuda
Price Class: S = Special
Body Type: 23 = 2 Door Hardtop
Engine: N = 383 330HP OR 335HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Year: 0 = 1970
Sequence Number: 34908- = Error
Maybe you could get the fender tag or the stamping number off the cowl?

I already knew the rest of the VIN, it is explained on the site.

A cowl number will not do it, it has to be an item that matches the scheduled production date & vehicle order number with the full VIN intact.

Okay, I see! Was thinking you had the car, obviously I weren’t firing on all eight when I read the post.

I was wondering, I thought I had explained it fairly well.

In other news, a Challenger T/A broadcast sheet was handed over at the Carlisle show & I had a 'hit' on the VIN. The guy that had registered it in 1999 had sold it, so making contact with the new owner took some time.

I was then able to deliver it in person! Here he is this morning comparing it to his fender tag;

TA owner comparing his just delivered broadcast sheet to his fender tag.JPG

That's just cool on a whole different level to be able to put the broadcast sheets back in the hands of the vehicle's present owners.

I have been doing the best I can to help make situations like this happen for over 20 years.

Being able to do it in person?

Priceless.

I will remember today for a very long time. :)

-
Back