What were these holes for?

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On my Scamp trunk lid there are some mounting holes along each side. I am wondering what was there, or what could have been the purpose for them. Thanx for your help. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0756.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 322
I am stumped, to far forward for a rear spoiler or wing... All I can think of is a strong
location for a luggage rack, or a shot gun holder from back in the day :sign3:

Hmm, I thought they looked too wide for a wing, and like Mike said too far forward. Now I guess I will have to set a wing on and see how it looks. Thanx guys.
P.S. I like the shotgun idea!

The wing bolts further in. you can see were you would need to drill. I think the holes are were the wing support clips in.

Darn, I was hoping that this would be one of those "blue room" posts....

Oh well....

Probably for one of the production steps. Possibly for attachment to a jig at the plant, for a process like painting.

Have you not heard of the clothe line option? 40DD

Attachments

• trunk.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 238
Ah yes, I haven't seen those braces before. So I guess this lid just may get a wing sometime. Thanx Johnny Dart! :D

No problem.
Most Mopar cars,that had a wing option,has these holes already in the trunk.
Now,everybody run out and look for the holes ! :D

Johnny Dart has the proof :happy1:, X2 its is Go Wing mounting locations :cheers:

Very nice...I like it. Bucket seat,center console car. Looks like a little metal
fabbing to do,but it's all there. Nice!

Without reading your whole thread,I'm not sure how original you are going with your build.But as far as wing's go.
1970 was a one year only wing (Go Wing)
1971 on was a (Gull Wing) so if you wanted to be original,your car would have come with a Gull Wing.

-
Back