What wheels can I use

-

popps9

Reaction score
I am a new FABO member just bought a 66 Dart 4 door with 13" wheels what can put on 14" wise,, will any Ford wheels ( i.e. Mustang) or does it have to be Chrysler 4" pattern . I am perplexed. Thanks

For the wheels to fit, the holes must be in the 4" bolt circle also known as small bolt pattern (sbp) which Chrysler used on a-bodies til the early '70's. Your options to upgrade while retaining your sbp front hubs and rear axles include 14" stock steel wheels, or vintage or new aftermarket wheels. Stock rims are often listed for sale on this site, vintage are sometimes for sale here and on ebay, and Summit, Wheelvintiques and other companies sell new rims. Also the Chrysler rallye wheel came in sbp.

Most other Chrysler products from that era used the 4-1/2 bolt circle, as did Ford products. There are more options in wheel choices. Many a-body owners find a '73-up disc brake a-body donor and swap out the parts (including upper control arms and ball joints) and convert to disc brakes and lbp. Then of course the rear wheels need to be converted too, and there are different ways to go about that.

It all depends on what look you are going for and how much work and expense you want to go through. Your cheapest option to go to 14" would be factory steel wheels, keeping the sbp. Hope this helps.

Oh, btw the studs on the left side of the car are left-hand threads. Make sure you and anyone else remembers this. You don't want to twist the studs off by turning lug nuts the wrong way. It happens all the time, especially at tire stores.

-
Back