What will work for this????

-

65barracudadude

Reaction score
O.K. I'm going to be doing a /6 to V8 swap in my '65 barracuda. I have these parts so far. '65 V8 exhaust manifolds, '65 V8 motor mounts, '65 V8 center link, '65 V8 gas pedal, '65 V8 gas pedal bracket/mechanism, '65 V8 bracket for gas pedal linkage that bolts to back of head. My question is: ??????? I dont have the V8 throttle cable. Will anything else work???? Is there a place that sells a cable for this application?? Thanks in advance.

Come on guy's. Help me out with some suggestions. Please????? I just want to be sure that I've got all of my ducks in a row when I begin this swap.

maybe a lokar cable you can cut to length? im not sure how the stock cable mounts up. what about a cable from a later model a body?

when i did my valiant i used the stock / throttle cable i dont remember what i did to make it work but it couldnt have been that hard cause i remember what things were a pain to do. goodluck!

I used a Dodge Diplomat throttle cable on my '66 Dart - not with a V8, but I don't see a problem with it on your car either.

Surprised nobody else remembers this place.

http://www.imperialservices.net/Imperial Services - '60-'72 A-Body Parts.htm

1964-1976 Throttle Cables

These new Throttle Cables are made of premium materials for long life and good looks. Billet stainless ends are fitted to a nylon lined housing, with a stainless steel inner member and clevis. Special lengths and custom ends available by special order.

Throttle Cables

Application
Our Part Number
Replaces OE PN

1964-1966 V-8 IS-511 2465 487
1968-1973 A-Eng IS-531 2899 336
1969-1976 Slant 6 IS-532 2899 335
1971-1976 V8 4Bbl IS-541 3577 523

Throttle Cables are $65 plus shipping

Special Lengths available by special order

I used a complete late 60's "A" body throttle cable setup. Very easy to install with minimum fabrication. Your biggest problem will be transmission downshift linkage. A Lokar unit may work for you. I used a manual valve body.

Sounds like your ahead of the game and maybe a little nervous, don't be its easy and alot of fun. You may need some wire for moving things such as coil wires ond things. You may have to do a little fabricating but no biggie, your going to have a blast.

-
Back