What wire set will fit?

-

jonnydart440

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently got my new Schumacher try-y's and of course my old plug wires don't fit. I was using a set of Accel that were ones that u cut and crimp ends on, and of course I had all 90° boots on em and cut em to fit my fender well headers. Anyway now one of the boots finally burnt thru. So my question is what wire set are u guys using with that set up? And preferably not a cut and crimp set again, that was a pain, and my engine isn't a high end race motor so inexpensive is preferred! Lemme know, thanks in advance!
Jon.

I bought a set of Taylor 8mm wires I got from summit . Pn- 64672. I think they are like $40 plus shipping. For very well around my Schumachers

Moroso's are the best wires out there right now.I have them on my 73 Duster Racecar,371 a eng,and my 71 Dart w/400 B eng.#5 did need a spark plug boot w the TTY's though.

I just have Accel 8mm silicone wires with the straight boots, and I wouldn't get anything but cut to fit.
It allows a tailoring you just can't get right out of the box.
Yea, it's a bit of pain, but well worth it to me and anywhere the boot might come in contact with header tubes I take a section of heat wrap and put a strip of RTV on it as I fold it over twice and put it between the tubes and boots (like numbers 5&7) where the tube runs right across the tops of those two boots.

Thanks for the replies! So it seems like all straight boots is what I'm looking for?

-
Back