What would car(s) would you build with $100,000?

-

Stroked68Dart

402 Crate Motor in a 68
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am curious what you would do with $100,000. What cars would you build or would you pay off your house or put it in the bank or ??? Please post your thoughts on my blog at: http://onelastglanceback.blogspot.com/2011/09/what-would-you-do-with-100000-bucks.html instead of commenting here if you don't mind. If you have pictures you want me to post that represents an example of what you would do email it to me at [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
Have fun! I am really looking forward to hearing your ideas!
Bill

My house is paid off. As far as a vehicle goes, for $100K I'd probably look at a new Ram 550 Diesel Crewcab dually long bed, and go from there.

The other possibility would be a 68 Factory Hurst Hemi Dart, but I don't believe $100K would get one, today.

I would build the same car I have now. 1963 Dart.

Spend it or lose it well now that is different, still pay off my debts [they are small] and build a 40 willys coupe with a 392 hemi my dream car.

I would buy 90 to 95% documented with pictures restored cars that people are selling cheap because they are tired of them or need the money. Finish them and flip them for a profit. Then do it all over again. If I was a good businessman and made a profit most of the time my capital would grow so I could buy my true 1968 Hemi Barracuda if one ever came up for sale. If the 1968 Hemi Barracuda never came up the it would be a 1968 Barracuda Convertible original, number matching, unmolested 383 4 speed car with deluxe interior that wasn't green. WELL, if I am going to dream it should be a good one!!

Well i would get a home out in the boonies with alittle shop then what evers left give it to my dad so he can finsh his dart that he parked 14 years ago to get me razed up

well i would finish my AWB plymouth with a BIG hemi

pick up a 40's willys couple

get a good chunk down on all my projects

build my shop...

i would buy a hemi for my scamp, finish building it then keep whatever is left, myabe get that high yield cd that was talked about.

i would buy a hemi for my scamp, finish building it then keep whatever is left, myabe get that high yield cd that was talked about.

There are no high yeild CD's anymore. Interest is super low so that means the CDs are nearly worthless. I year CD offerings for today was Sallie Mae 1.2% APR, Discover Bank 1.1% APR, Colorado Federal Savings Bank 1.05% APR, OneWest Bank, FSB 1% APR, NOVA Bank 0.9 APR, Metropolitan National Bank 0.855 APR and American Bank 0.6 APR.
5 year CD's will get you in the low 2% range. Local Savings and Loan Banks and Credit Unions are usually the best return around here.

Here is the monthly offering for T-bills and you can see there is no money to be made there.
http://www.treasury.gov/resource-ce...interest-rates/Pages/TextView.aspx?data=yield

I would build a 64 valiant trans am racer and a series one E-type coupe or roadster if there was enough $ left after the valiant was done.

I would buy 90 to 95% documented with pictures restored cars that people are selling cheap because they are tired of them or need the money. Finish them and flip them for a profit. Then do it all over again. If I was a good businessman and made a profit most of the time my capital would grow so I could buy my true 1968 Hemi Barracuda if one ever came up for sale. If the 1968 Hemi Barracuda never came up the it would be a 1968 Barracuda Convertible original, number matching, unmolested 383 4 speed car with deluxe interior that wasn't green. WELL, if I am going to dream it should be a good one!!

One is up for sale...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plym...7925403?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a6aae851b

$125K...

-
Back