What would I have to do

-
First off, those units are OK, but I would seriously consider putting a clutch type suregrip in it as it can be rebuilt with new clutches should it wear out.:D

That is a cone type suregrip unit.

You need to pull the center section out, disassemble it. If you plan on using the same gears you will need to check your backlash and pinion depth and try to get it as close as humanly possible when putting it back together or you could end up with some howling gears.

You will need some special tools also.

What center section do you have?

First off, those units are OK, but I would seriously consider putting a clutch type suregrip in it as it can be rebuilt with new clutches should it wear out.:D

That is a cone type suregrip unit.

You need to pull the center section out, disassemble it. If you plan on using the same gears you will need to check your backlash and pinion depth and try to get it as close as humanly possible when putting it back together or you could end up with some howling gears.

You will need some special tools also.

What center section do you have?

No sure which center I have will have to craw up there and look.
What about this one also I will have the get new axles that are 30 spline right.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pwt-1240-lr/overview/make/plymouth

Driver side of the case along the bottom, there are more than three numbers, just look at the last three. 741, 742, 489

-
Back