what would my car bring in YOUR area??

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
not that i'm looking to sell, but i don't want to overspend too much on the car.....now that i've learned a little about Mopars, there are some things to be desired, like a 400 based stroker, new tranny...stuff like that...and if i'm too close to the car's rough value, i won't do it for awhile....i'll have to wait a few years to do more of that stuff to it....

anyway, for those of you who don't know what i have:
67 barracuda
1972 400 with 452 heads, .509 cam, Torker intake, windage tray, deep oil pan, [new Aluminum water pump, housing, and radiator] , Mallory ignition/dizzy
727 tranny..stock torque converter ( i may be getting a Holeshot 3000 converter for it...found a decent deal)
B-body 8 3/4 rear. 489 case [new 3.91 Clutch sure-grip] . late A-body front discs
[new polygraphitebushings...completely redone front end]
[ new 15x8 Weld Prostars with 275/50 Drag Radials, 15x3.5 front]
[ new offset rear hangers]
plus the interior stuff you can see done on my site....the "Photos" link at the top has all the interior work i've done

http://home.comcast.net/~rodneywendell/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

I have about $8,000 invested, including purchase price.....

You have a great looking Fish!!

I have owned a Dart STW with a slantsix 13 years...
I have invested to the car much more than you...

All i want to say is, if you like your car, don't count the money for it, car will take your every cent anyway... ( in my case it happened)
And if you don't want to put more money for your Fish, Don't, put the Fish in garage and when you wanna drive it, drive it!

Its hard to say but I'm gonna say some were between $6000 and $8000. But dont feel bad if thats not what you wanted to here. These cars are going to be the next big collector. Prices are going up by the day.

Guys SHHHHHH

It's worth about $100 I'll be right over with the money.

Just kidding
I paid $5500 for my Demon 2 yrs ago

And you are always going to have more into it than you get back out of it. But it's the way you want the car.
That's why I bought someone elses project. It was more cost effective. I started a list on what it would cost to do my Dart as opposed to buying something else already started.
I have already spent to much on the Demon and need to spend more.
But I fixed a few things and changed others.
New Axles were over $400, 4.10 spool center section becuse I felt the 4.88 posi was to loose, new seat belts, new rear wheels and tires, now I need a set of slicks, Needs a tranny, that will be another $1400 or so,Needs a little touch up body work, and a repaint. It all adds up and I will probably never get it back out. But It's MINE and is getting to where I want it.

Here in Wisconsin I think you could easily get out what you have into it but probably not much more. I wouldn't worry about spending more money on your car if you plan on keeping it.

I would say that any car on this site would sell for at least 20% less than what is invested into it. Unless of course you find someone that's willing to pay $3000.00 for a pair of fenders.

Oh yeah
I have been inquiring about a few Barracudas.
If you want an old ratty one that needs quaters, floors, no engine or tranny, needs interior. They seem to be running around$2500 . I can't beleive it.
I guess I won't be able to afford one anytime in the future. The prices are starting to get out of hand.
I looked at one 2 1/2years ago a guy near me had one , Needed paint, had an engine swapped in from another car, nasty looking engine 318, he said " I have over $11,000 into it. I couldn't figure out where, He wanted $6000 for it.
I would have only paid $2000 for it. But the car was gone a week or so later.

the closest somewhat comparable cars i've seen have run from 6K to about 15K....that's why I was asking....i have yet to see one close enough to compare directly

and i guess it's more of a "in three years" question....i plan on having it at least that long, and I have always figured $1000-1500 write-off per year of ownership

i get that by taking a typical price (like 3,000, for example) and figuring on a loan payment type scenario....typically 3 years....
so i just figure that if i had to take out a loan for it, and it was a 3 year loan, then i can write off the purchase price after 3 years.....and the total invested minus the original purchase price, and then some more for parts and mileage depreciation would be a good price to get IF i were to sell it...

anyway...the whole issue is pretty hypothetical.....there's probably someone out there that would think 12K was a good price....then again, some people wouldn't pay 3K......just rambling on about rough value, on average

Hey I got $40,000 wrapped up in mine. Do you guy's think that's to much :scratch: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have about $16,000 invested in mine. The original purchase price was $300. At $300, I probably paid more than I should have. I did all the work on the car and about the only way I'd make money selling it would be if I figured my labor is worth $0.25 per hr. That's how it goes, but I'm not complaining; I enjoy the car.

that's the thing....i count my labor as my own personal gain....i cannot charge myself labor for things i want.....if I HAVE to do something (i HAD to go to the scrap yard and pull a K-member), then i might charge myself labor.....but usually, i already knew i was going to HAVE to do certain things, so the Kmember still didn't really count.....

labor is worth $0.00 if you're doing it because you like to......

We have about 7k wrapped up in my sons Dart including the 2K we paid for body and paint work. We did all the other work ourselfs. When I went to sell it everyone said I could get 10 to 12k for it. I dont know about that but I sold it to my son for 5K. I would say 8k to 10 k would be no trouble in my area for your Cuda. Ron
22463927.jpg

I would say 8-12 grand in my area. I know if I was looking at that car in my area just from what I can see of the car in your sig, and depending if engine runs which I know it does, then I would figure atleast $8,000.

-
Back