What would you do with this car?

-
That Duster looks to be in such good shape, I'd buy it, and leave it just as it sits, and do ONLY what it needs to keep it running, its pretty much original or what looks to be!

In any case, I'd buy it, leave it be, and drive it as an almost original car, BUT if you buy it, afterall it is YOUR car, do what makes YOU happy!!!!!!!

If it's for your son then don't buy it unless you want him to remain a virgin till he sells it. :D

JK. Looks clean. Old lady clean. Not my style, but clean....Mr. Clean would love it.

That being said....$5500 could buy something way cooler. JMO. :glasses7:

Mop

$5k is too much for that car, even as nice as it is. No matter what, its a 1974 /6 Duster. So I don't understand the "keep it original" posts. It's not rare at all. Not even a little. Wanna ask how I know?

IMG_3619.jpg

Looks familiar right? :D This is my '74 /6 Duster after I brought it home, waxed it up and put new rims/tires on it. Now, I also had converted it to a 318/904 at this point, but you can't see that. Mine looks like it has some more shopping cart rash than the one the OP listed, but it was a little old lady car the majority of its life too. I'm the 4th owner, but the 2nd and 3rd owners had the car less than a year each.

I paid $2k for my car with the original /6 in it. It allegedly had 91k original miles and "carb problems" that turned out the be a dead cylinder. But I did actually drive it around the block a couple times before I bought it. I swapped in a running 318 because I already had a V8 K frame. And when I got tired of the 318 (which was more worn out that I thought) I dropped in my fully redone 340.

That said, if you can talk the owner down on the price, it looks like an awesome, solid car. If the /6 runs well, I'd just go through it, get the suspension and brakes up to speed, and drive it until the /6 gives up the ghost or until you get tired of it. As far as keeping it original, there's really no point. Any modifications you did to the car- converting it to a SB or BB, upgrading the rest of the drivetrain, etc, is only going to make it worth more.

They look like really similar cars. Here's my build thread on mine....
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=198098

The day I brought it home...
IMG_0800.jpg

And now...

IMG_5264b_zps4c31ed25.jpg

Very nice original car. I bought a 70 Dart very much like this car except with factory ac, I got lucky, paid $1,300 for it. Drop the price significantly if you could, then cruise it and change what you want when you feel like it if at all, otherwise you should keep looking, even if you have to drive it back from somewhere else, check Craigslist in as many areas as possible.

Buy it and Send it to a highend detail shop
after you do a complete service.
Add a hoodscoop some wheels, maybe some graphics
and its show time.

Attachments

• 73_dartsport.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 46
Buy it and Send it to a highend detail shop
after you do a complete service.
Add a hoodscoop some wheels, maybe some graphics
and its show time.

Just don't open your hood at the shows. :D The hoodscoop will attract more attention than a stock /6 can back up. :burnout:

-
Back