What would you do?

-

RTom

Depressingly A-Bodyless..
Reaction score
As a lot of you know, I recently sold my 69 Dart GT Convertible, the one I said I never sell, to pay for school. Well, just because I don't have a mopar doesn't mean I cant still think about them!

Once my wife and I are out of debt, and I have saved up enough money, I plan on getting another A-body and building it just the way I want it. Right know, I am thinking about two different paths, and wanted to hear your guys ideas...

Get another Dart Convertible ( 67-69 ) and completly resto-mod it. Drop in a built 5.7 hemi with 5-speed auto, power windows, steering, brakes, locks, posi 8 3/4, a/c, cruise control, etc.

or...

Get a Dart Station wagon and do a complete restomod similar to my plans with a convertible, but this way I have a daily driver that is more 'family orientated'.

Ideally, I'd like to do both, but figured I'd like hear what you guys think too..

I'm not much for convertibles, so I vote to go with the wagon just on that.

Looking from your perspective, the more you can drive it, and the more you can take the family along, the more you will probably enjoy it.

If aftermarket wheels, and/or a dropped stance is in the restomod equation, I feel that looks better on a wagon than anything else. If you really have a thing for fresh air, put in a Webasto sliding ragtop, and be cooler yet.

Get yourself an Australian Valiant VE wagon to do your resto mod on. It will give you the styling of the 67-69 Dart, will be totally unique, and you'll have the versatility of a wagon.
(You can use 67 and up Duster, Valiant, Dart or A body Barracuda parts from a salvage yard to convert it to left hand drive.) The biggest problem would be the cost of shipping.

Get yourself an Australian Valiant VE wagon to do your resto mod on. It will give you the styling of the 67-69 Dart, will be totally unique, and you'll have the versatility of a wagon.
(You can use 67 and up Duster, Valiant, Dart or A body Barracuda parts from a salvage yard to convert it to left hand drive.) The biggest problem would be the cost of shipping.

I've thought about converting a 4 door 67-69 Dart into a wagon, or even a 70+. If I were to convert the 70+ I could call it the "shaggin waggin", the brother of the 'Swinger':bootysha:

I am leaning more towards the wagon though, more family orientated so I'd drive it more and it would be less difficult to convince the wife that I needed to spend money on it :toothy10:

We used to call our vehicles shaggin wagon's for other reasons.

if you can squeeze through the first couple years and deal with less cargo room the convertible sounds like a fun family car...

Wish I could have one too. The blue one is in Australia. Closer to you than it is to me. Go for it.

I say you picked 2 cars that would be fun to do either way, although both are a bit rare. It's a win/win all the way!!! Geof

I have been where you are at RTom. My suggestion is go with the wagon and do it up with an excellent body job. Drop it and add some nice wheels. Pick up a nice small block (easier on gas while getting back on your feet) and rebuild it as you can. I'm all for a nice eary Cuda with a big block but sometimes; "Reality Bites".

I'm another one that's not into 'Verts, but I love wagons =P~. There are some way cool wagons out there, and I'm sure that you could make one, too.

But back to the 'Vert, here's one that a local Mopar guru put together with the 5.7L Hemi.

Attachments

• IMG_2140.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2141.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2142_2.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2143.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 82
I'm another one that's not into 'Verts, but I love wagons =P~. There are some way cool wagons out there, and I'm sure that you could make one, too.

But back to the 'Vert, here's one that a local Mopar guru put together with the 5.7L Hemi.

Very nice. Now all it needs is the 68 GTS longitudinal stripe down the side in red. My long range goal for my 67 Belvedere wagon is to install a 5.7 Hemi under the hood (some day).

-
Back