What would you do?

-
Here they'd say it was a confirmed runnig engine you just took apart and that act voids any warranty. And honestly, that's what the OP has and did.

Wow, that's a first. Nice that there are still a few honest people out there that do the right thing.

before you tear the heads off do a leakdown test and you will know a little about it. Or if you can crank it use a vacuum gauge to diagnose what you can.

What really sucks, is when you find out the second motor needs to be bored............

Knowing the magnum engines had "low tention" rings & the engine was fairly clean of any build up i highly doubt it'll need bored, The older engine YES, i've seen several, My 95 magnum had around 125K on it, I could still see the cross-hex pattern in the cylinders.

Ring tension isn't the deciding factor in cylinder wear. Usually cylinders wear from running at too low a temperature. I have seen magnums with 100K that had a ridge from hell.... all depends on how it was driven.
I think the magnums bore lasting longer is more contributed to the more efficient EFI system with warm up mode than the ring tension.

Ring tension isn't the deciding factor in cylinder wear. Usually cylinders wear from running at too low a temperature. I have seen magnums with 100K that had a ridge from hell.... all depends on how it was driven.
I think the magnums bore lasting longer is more contributed to the more efficient EFI system with warm up mode than the ring tension.

The EFI does play a big role in it as well, but the low tension rings have alot too do with it too along with regular maintenance, theres less friction on the walls. & you did say.. "all depends on how it was driven"... I'll add.. & "serviced".

-
Back