What would you do?

-

Viceroy125

Reaction score
I have a 73' duster, orginal engine was a 225. Orginal owner blew the engine up and had a 318 put in to it. I dont know what year the 318 but we have been told that it came out of another duster in that time period. Recently ive been offered a 360 out of a 78 dodge quarter ton and i was wondering what you guy's thoughts were? If I should go for it and stuff it in and beef it up or keep the 318 and beef it up??

Well, the 360 has a few bennifits over the 318 like lots of torque and that would be 42 cubes worth of power. Both engines, are low compression units in deep need of a piston replacement or some type of pressure enhancer. AKA supercharger/turbo. Just remember the slugs are cast.

deepends on what you want from it? gas mileage.... power, I'd go with the 360 for the reasons Salty pointed out. Both would cost about the same to build as far as parts, but 42 cubic inches is... well... 42 free cubic inches!

^^^ what they said 360 if you want free extra torque and HP, or 318 if you'd rather have a couple extra MPG

-
Back