-
Status
Not open for further replies.

HAUK67

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I sold a 69 dodge dart back in 2001, the guy still has the car and never drives it.It sits in his garage and he takes it to local shows once in a while, he is 60.I have been kicking around the past yr or so to knock on his door, or leave a note on his mail box to see if he would sell it back? I have had my share of vehicles, over 100 and this is the one i should of not sold, Ray Barton 360, 587 horsepower, pure sleeper steel rim dog dish caps, blue on blue...

I'd knock. You won't know if you don't ask. How would you feel if at the next show, the car was with someone else? :banghead:

Rick...You're a good person,( I know that for a fact) good things happen to good people. It wouldn't hurt to stop by,knock on his door,and talk about the car,in general conversation let him know how much you liked the car and would gladly purchace it back if he ever felt like he wanted to sell.
I wouldnt hurt,give it a try!
Maybe one of these days we'll learn when we have a car that we really like and are attatched to it,we should keep it!!
Good luck!!
Wally.

We go around once in life:rock: and if this 69 dart can be yours and you have the funds and would like to have it back :-kI would go for it.:thumleft:
It sounds like a great car and I think it will mean allot to you to have it back.
So as your DR.:blob: I say go for it, He may be already thinking of selling it and all he needs is a good knock on his door and a hello from you.:-D
as we get older some of us like seeing people we have dun deals with in the past.:hello2:

For sure go knock on the door and maybe say you were stopping by just to visit your "old friend". Im sure once he gets talking you will know how he really feels about the car and if he might be willing to let it go. Id for sure feel him out before you flat out ask if he'd sell it back. If you go in asking for it the price will most likely be higher. Even if you just mention to him that if he ever would consider selling you might be interested so please call you first. Regardless, you have to go, think about what wylde1 said!

Definately....knock, knock.

You already know him, half the "mental' battle. Don't be shy...lol...quit the =P~

Good Luck

Do It

I'd knock. You won't know if you don't ask. How would you feel if at the next show, the car was with someone else? :banghead:
Thats what I was thinkin!!!How many chances do you get to reclaim a car you have owned and would like to get back?And even if he dont want to sell it,Then you know!:clock:

Well, i am on vacation this week and i guess it wouldn't hurt to go knock on his door...I live about 30 mins away from him, so i guess Thursday night i will go give it a shot....Atleast i can give him my card incase later he decides to sell it....Keep you guys posted...And Wally, now you can see the reason i sold you your car back..I know how it feels... Thanks guys

Knock him up, the worst that could happen is he would say "no". If nothing else though, you can plant the seed in his mind that you`re interested in owning the car again and you can still talk Mopar with him , especially A-body Mopar. I met another new A-body Mopar guy just today, he goes by ValiantDave. I hope to make him a member here but he`s not a "computer guy" but we`ll see.

Knock him up, the worst that could happen is he would say "no". If nothing else though, you can plant the seed in his mind that you`re interested in owning the car again and you can still talk Mopar with him , especially A-body Mopar. I met another new A-body Mopar guy just today, he goes by ValiantDave. I hope to make him a member here but he`s not a "computer guy" but we`ll see.

Knock him up,plant the seed ,Longone he isnt trying to (screw) him out of it lol

Knock him up,plant the seed ,Longone he isnt trying to (screw) him out of it lol

I worked with an English lass for 15 years and she always used that term. It did come off a bit sexual ,metaphorically. I guess it`s not as suitable here in the states as abroad. :sign10: Lol!

I've bought a few cars a month after I was told they weren't for sale. Leave your contact info, just in case he changes his mind.

Rg

My dad had a 1951 Ford for THIRTY years and he would NOT sell it. Everybody tried to buy it or trade him out of it and the answer was always NO!

Then one day, out of the blue, he sold it.

What is "not for sale" today, just might be tomorrow.+

And read the story on another thread about how I got my Valiant.

Just TWO weeks before I bought it they told my friend it wasnt for sale. Two weeks later, on my way to work, I saw a for sale sign they had put in the window! And that was after it sat in their driveway for TWELVE years and "everyone tried to buy it".

Knock on his door.

Back when the Nats were at Indy.......I took my SubLime 340 Duster up there to sell. While hanging with the car in the car corral these to guys come in and ask if it's my car. I say yeah. They say "You from Texas"? I say yeah. They say "Us too". I say really? Where? They say "It's a little town you probably never heard of".

whatever....

So we yack for a while and they tell me about a "copper colored road runner sitting behind a guy's house. "But he won't even talk to anybody about selling it".

I say...Really. Where'd you say you lived?

They told me. And I described the car to them. It was my T5 car. Still in the hands of the guy I had sold it to FIFTEEN YEARS earlier.

Fast forward a bit. I call the guy and tell him who I am. He says he remembers me. I ask if he had considered selling the car. (here's the good part)

He says "No...............but I'd consider selling it back to YOU"

Bought it back in 98. Still have it. Don't think I'll ever sell it again. Cause like you, I've owned a bunch, but this is my all time favorite car. And it's mine cause I asked.

Right on 68, just goes to show, you just don't know. You been over there yet Hauk67?

Gotta knock! Talk story...Let him know you would like first dibs at it. Not to be heartless...but make sure his old lady see's ya too...So she know who you are if the Owner/husband dies...Sorry...feels bad even writing that...

Good luck!

Great story 68, i will keep you posted...THANKS

Dfnsmn34, hopefully the current owner isn't a member of FABO. :-D We don't want to come across as a bunch of ambulance chasers. :snakeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back