What would you do?

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
I met a guy last night that has a circle track car and is getting out of racing, and want to sell the car with out the motor for $500.00. I don't really want the car, but I am thinking about the Ford 9" under it. He is will to sell the rearend disk to disk for $150.00. I was thinking of putting it under the cuda, It might be a cheaper way to go. :scratch:
It is a Ford 9" with a posi locker with disk brakes. I has a tall gear, something like a 600 but he is willing to give me a 389 or something close that. It has been about 2 years sence he raced it last, but he insures me that the rearend is fine in it.
Is it worth it, would it be a good idea? Or should I just keep looking for a used sure grip, I would also have to replace my 4" bp axles in the 8 3/4. The 9" already has the 4.5 bp axles. I think the only thing I would need to get done to the 9" is have it narrowed some, but not sure what that going to cost. Also witch is stornger, and do the sure grip's tend to be noisy?
Any in put would be help full. Also the 9" might just be nice to have for any furture projects. He has a lot of racing stuff he is selling.
He has 2 circle track alumn padded racing seats very nice shape, $25 each. Let me know if you are into cricle track racing and need something. This guy might have it, and it will most likey be cheap.

I believe that is a steal for the price. 9" ford is considered explosion proof. Very hard to destroy. $150. is a great deal.even if it needed work. I believe you may have to do some mods to install.

Go for it mods are gonnna hav to happien to get it in your car but in the end its gonna hold up to almost everything u can throuw at it! :cheers:

Thanks,
He said we would pull it out this weekend and I should have it by the next. I would help but, I will be at the Mopar Nats :D this weekend.

-
Back