What would you offer for this 671 setup?

-

70Duster440

Reaction score
Guy is asking $2300 for this BDS setup for a 440. Since I would not be able to inspect the items before purchase I'd have to assume it needs "freshening up", despite whatever condition he says it's in. And that assumes no internal damage.

What kind of offer would you make on a blind sale like this?

Attachments

• BDSBlower.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 454
No thoughts, opinions?

I offered him $1900 and he countered with $2000 pending a quick visual inspection by a friend of mine who is going to stop in and check it out.

they are about 3k brand new

look at the headers about 1 minute in.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK_STQn0_w4"]440, stroked to 500, 671 blower, on "test stand" - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, $3K from Dyers, unpolished with no carbs or scoop. Carbs and scoop, at the extreme low end, would add another $750 but could easily top $1600. Don't think my budget will allow "new" and no one is giving them away.

Yes, $3K from Dyers, unpolished with no carbs or scoop. Carbs and scoop, at the extreme low end, would add another $750 but could easily top $1600. Don't think my budget will allow "new" and no one is giving them away.

That's for sure. And finding one set up for a Mopar to start with is hard.

Jack

I'd steer clear and drop the cash on a totally new and guaranteed setup.

Pretty easy to measure the rotor-to-bearing-plate clearance, rotor-to-case not so easy.

Just a follow-up, the seller sold the above setup before I could get a look at it. So, I actually found a guy here in Washington that builds and sells kits at decent prices. Rick at www.deanblowers.com will be putting a package together for me and I'll pick it up in person. He gets his parts from BDS.

Just a follow-up, the seller sold the above setup before I could get a look at it. So, I actually found a guy here in Washington that builds and sells kits at decent prices. Rick at www.deanblowers.com will be putting a package together for me and I'll pick it up in person. He gets his parts from BDS.

Funny you decided to go with Deans. I have been looking at his site and when it came time to buy I was going to give Rick a call. He has a good rep.

Jack

Superchargers for the wow factor of looks. Pro-charger and injection for for the performance wow factor . Had both. and turbos. turbos make more power and its free. But for the $$ procharger is easy and effective and can be moved from car to car under the hood. No exhaust mods.

I paid $1500.00 for mine,needed to repolish and go through the carb's.I'd say $1800.00 is fair.

paid $3,575 for mine... new of course. Even the moths in my wallet have died now, I don't have 2 pennies to rub together. But it was SOOOO worth it :glasses7:

Nothing commands respect quite like a roots blower sticking through the hood. Sure the are better alternatives, but none of them are quite as 'in your face' as the 6-71/8-71/etc

Better to get a purpose built manifold anyway,better set up all around than the modified tunnel ram manifold in my opinion.

Better to get a purpose built manifold anyway,better set up all around than the modified tunnel ram manifold in my opinion.

X2- I got an Aussie cast 6-71 sb Mopar blower manifold for $1500.

My all billet 8-71 blower was $3000 from The Blower Shop. Hard annodized case and rotors. The rotors are teflon striped. The case is a retrofit design and has a small delta shaped discharge opening.

14mm hard annodized BDS pulleys, idler pulley and a kevlar belt adds another $600 to this project.

On a side note, ProComp just started making cast sb ford 6-71 blower manifolds. ProComp also just started making sb Mopar alluminum cyl heads, maybe a cast sb Mopar blower manifold is in the works.

-
Back