What year are these?

-

belmateo

Reaction score
Got these recently on a lot sale, not sure what they will fit or how much to ask for them.

Cuda 1.jpg

Cuda 2.jpg

Cuda 3.jpg

Cuda 4.jpg

Cuda 5.jpg

Cuda 6.jpg

Cuda 7.jpg

Cuda 8.jpg

Cuda.jpg

Not only are they 68 but by the look of the pics the fins have a chrome edge making these from a "springtime special" (I think I got the name right, I can't remember).

I don't know what they are worth but I would pay substantially more for a chrome set in very good condition than I would for a standard set.

the items you have are for a 68 barracuda. in the last picture you've shown, the grills need to be "flipped over" or reversed to see how they go in the car. the "open" end of the surround goes around the head lite assembly - so the open end would be on the "left" and the "right" in the pic. the "grill inserts" then go inside the surrounds with the parking lite area over by the head lite.

the surrounds look to be in good shape with most of the attachment bolts still in place. these usually break off. the plastic grill inserts, however, look to have all the attachment tabs broken off. that can be fixed but it would take some time. both of these pieces are reproduced but they are expensive. to buy two new plastic inserts and 2 new outer surrounds you're looking at at least $600.00. nice OEM used pieces like these are hard to find and are around $75-$100 per part. "NOS" perfect parts like these would be around $1000.00 for all four. someone who had a "driver" quality car and needed these parts would probably give at least $200.00 for all four.

-----------
68 barracuda, looks like their in decent shape, close to un-obtanium ! I have seen them for as low as $100 apiece on ebay, and as hi as $400, but I bet they didn`t sell for that.

-
Back