What year is my Magnum block?

-

CordobaDart

318 SLANTMAN
Reaction score
I have been having a trouble locating where the date of casting is on my block, which I believe to be a 1993-96 or so, but would like to know for sure.

The harmonic balancer has a scallop on the front.

I know it is a 5.9, but the spot where you traditionally would see a m/d/y on the LA's is not there. It does have one number together - 04039 - could this mean April 3rd 1999? I may be overthinking this but have been striking out on searches online.

Block casting is 5302006

front of block under drivers side head is 92K 360 3748 1 15AB
and below that is 750

I do not know what this came out of as I was given this short block in a trade. has a spun # 6 rod bearing. No plans for this block as of now.

Ok, thanks! If year does not matter I am good to go. I plant to have the crank machined and replace the rod that had the spun bearing, as it has some discoloring. Maybe a different crank would be the way to go, I would like to go magnum in my Dart in the future.

Just so you know, that last number you posted tells you the year. 92k, its a '99 model year motor. The 2 and the K I believe are the application and the assembly plant, though I can't remember which is which! But for sure it's a '99 block.

-
Back