What?!?

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
mabe this topic has come up already but, i just got off the phone with my budy who works for a chrysler dealer back home. he said that his boss had a meeting with a GM rep. and GM is taking over chrysler. Acording to his boss, they will be in full control by the end of the month and they will dicontinue the charger, challenger, viper, avenger, 300, all the truck lineup...... somebody please tell me this is bullsh#t

I thought it would be after Jan 1st of 2009, that was the strong rumor i herd?

Media stated that GM was looking for the Feds to cut them in for 10 billion in bailout money to assist in the buying out of Chrysler but the feds aren't going to do so. That is what seems to be the hold up. Looks like our cars will become MORE valuable. Lets pool our money and buy Chrysler. We pooled our money and bought a car so i'm in for $100.

Media stated that GM was looking for the Feds to cut them in for 10 billion in bailout money to assist in the buying out of Chrysler but the feds aren't going to do so. That is what seems to be the hold up. Looks like our cars will become MORE valuable. Lets pool our money and buy Chrysler. We pooled our money and bought a car so i'm in for $100.

lol, doesnt seem like a bad idea considering anytime someone waves a 10 dollar bill to chrysler seems to get control of the company....I would hate to see chrysler get taken over and see the new challenger get dicontinued.

so whats gonna happen to mopar performance,i know that there a different company,but chrysler still owns part of them,i think

so whats gonna happen to mopar performance,i know that there a different company,but chrysler still owns part of them,i think

yes, i was wondering the same thing. even though there are alot of aftermarket mopar shops like mancini, its still nice to see the new stuff coming from mopar performance. they have developed some cool speed parts

yes, i was wondering the same thing. even though there are alot of aftermarket mopar shops like mancini, its still nice to see the new stuff coming from mopar performance. they have developed some cool speed parts

I hope mopar performance part stays too. They do make some good parts. It will be sad to see Cryco go but they all ready built all the cool cars I like back in the day so it is not a big deal to me if they don't make new cars any more.

Last I heard was the banks won't give GM the bucks for a merger.
If it does happen (not bloody likely) the new entity would sell ALL Chrysler brands...Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge.
The word was (before the banks said no way) that the MOPAR transmission manufacturing plants would close, and MOPAR parts division would continue.

Should hear more by the end of the week.

Both parties have and will continue to share hybrid technologies as they are in a joint venture with Renault Motor Company.

Cheers to all and ahead full

Last I heard was the banks won't give GM the bucks for a merger.
If it does happen (not bloody likely) the new entity would sell ALL Chrysler brands...Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge.
The word was (before the banks said no way) that the MOPAR transmission manufacturing plants would close, and MOPAR parts division would continue.

Should hear more by the end of the week.

Both parties have and will continue to share hybrid technologies as they are in a joint venture with Renault Motor Company.

Cheers to all and ahead full

hope, the banks dont give them a dime

the more i think about this the more i dont like it.... this is going to destroy ALOT of jobs,not just for factory workers but when dealers start to close down......you get the picture. also if the car lineup from chrysler is destoyed then alot (not all) of people that bought new dodges will most likely buy imports.....more money going away from our country and economy. yes, yes, i know that alot of "imports" are built in the U.S. now but that money is still going to go out of the country where that car company is based. it just does not make sense

I hope mopar performance part stays too. They do make some good parts. It will be sad to see Cryco go but they all ready built all the cool cars I like back in the day so it is not a big deal to me if they don't make new cars any more.

ya, i completely agree, my heart is with the chrysler classics but i was extreemly happy to see the new challenger come out to compete with the mustang and camaro....alot of kids my age that are into cars are not into the classics. the majority of them....ricers, but there are some that like "new muscle" like the newer mustangs, newer firebirds and camaros. the challenger was going to be the new car to compete with......the car that the new muscle kids acually got excited about, and now it might be doomed before it really even got to be a real street compeditor

ya, i completely agree, my heart is with the chrysler classics but i was extreemly happy to see the new challenger come out to compete with the mustang and camaro....alot of kids my age that are into cars are not into the classics. the majority of them....ricers, but there are some that like "new muscle" like the newer mustangs, newer firebirds and camaros. the challenger was going to be the new car to compete with......the car that the new muscle kids acually got excited about, and now it might be doomed before it really even got to be a real street compeditor

I here you. I don't want to see them go but if they do they do.

It is looking like chrysler is late to the pony car wars again just like in the 70's

-
Back