Whatever happened to the green brick?

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
The one lap of America Valiant..... Whatever happened to it. Who has it now?

leaving water in a cylinder for 10 years could toast ANY engine!

Yeah, it needed a sleeve but put all that stuff in a good block and you got a stout piece. Barton-built anything is probably worth having. The guy got a deal on it, had some pretty nice stuff in it. Like I said in that thread, the heads alone were worth the asking price. I was interested in the 3.79 8 bolt crank myself.

A member here bought the motor out of it a while back, it was on CL here in NY. I was going to go look at it myself but he got it before me. Turns out it was toast.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=293816&highlight=Green+Brick

It just needed a sleeve in one cylinder. It's all back together and will be in my car and running in the spring. The motor had been freshened by Barton and never went back in the car. It was shrink wrapped on a dolly with a wheel barrel over it in a backyard on Long Island for 10 years ! Water got in the number one cylinder, the rest of motor was like new. I am going to try a Holley dominator T ram on it with a 150 fogger shot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 140
Awesome!! I look forward to seeing some time slips. Back to the car tho',what's in it
now? And more importantly, is it ever going to run that event, or one like it again? I thought
Kevin Wesley abdicated his hotshoe role,and he was largely responsible for the successful
execution of that cars potential, but I haven't heard anything in a while.

It just needed a sleeve in one cylinder. It's all back together and will be in my car and running in the spring. The motor had been freshened by Barton and never went back in the car. It was shrink wrapped on a dolly with a wheel barrel over it in a backyard on Long Island for 10 years ! Water got in the number one cylinder, the rest of motor was like new. I am going to try a Holley dominator T ram on it with a 150 fogger shot.

Well, cool. Sounds like fun. The Green Brick power plant lives on.

Maybe I will see ya out there this coming season.

What car is it going in?

-
Back