whats a 8 3/4 worth?

-

bellroy

Reaction score
So the rear in my gts is howling , it was rebuilt by a place named d&d auto in Longmont co who specialize in mopars back in 06, The drivetrain im told had 2000 miles put on it since then. ther dosent seem to be too much backlash at all, but it does bang a little going into 3rd. Its got a real hard second gear shift that im sure isint helping matters. So my options are pull it and have it rebuilt....try to buy a used or rebuilt one locally or spend the money and get a brandy new one from randys ring n pinion for $1100. I found a rebuilt one from some kid down in the springs who wanted 900. for it I told him Id give him $500. its a shurgrip with 3:73's the problem is it wasn't rebuilt by a shop , it was rebuilt by some one in his local mopar club. So do I really wanna chance it was set up right? I don't have much time on my hands right now and I only want to pull this chuck out one time! What are used and rebuilt chucks going for now a days? I remember bringing them home for150 to 300 bucks back in the early 90's. thanks in advance for the help yall

-
Back