whats a good price for a 72 Duster?

-

mp67dart

Reaction score
What is a 72 Duster worth in fair shape. It has sum rust in lower quarters,sum around rear taillight panel and lower front fender on driver side underneath looks solid.Has slant six auto,bucket seats,center console,factory ac. The guy who owns car wants to sale or trade. I have never followed what Dusters are worth but seem to bring more than Darts. I want to buy one and restore for my daughter.

Hard to say without pictures, check the frame also. I bought my 70 for 50 bucks, then I have seen some in worse shape go for 3800.
If the car runs it will be around 2k easy.

I wish I hade sum pics sorry,Car looks pretty solid all but sum minor rust.

Please post some pics.
Being in FL the rust should not be that bad.
Just for comparision I picked up a 73 with a decent body, no frame rot, ran and drove.
I gave 800.00, the car also had new ball joints, tie rod ends, and brakes with a small block auto, aluminum intake and a new eldebrock carb.
1002150u.jpg

use your best judgement .make an offer.
ask him how much is he looking to get.
feel him out.

Please post some pics.
Being in FL the rust should not be that bad.
Just for comparision I picked up a 73 with a decent body, no frame rot, ran and drove.
I gave 800.00, the car also had new ball joints, tie rod ends, and brakes with a small block auto, aluminum intake and a new eldebrock carb.
1002150u.jpg
you do know Grand Theft Auto is against the law right? You stole that one my friend...

Well since there is interest in my new money pit here is a shot of the motor.
In the middle of rebuilding a 833.
Bought a 8 3/4 housing and a 489 case off of a member here.
Also have the petals and linkage.
My wife says she want's this old mopar if she can grab gears, so this is going to be her's.
Also I am not going to not use the motor, the car is an original "G" car but the motor is a 340.
340 will go in the barn and will replace with a 360 stroker magnum with alloy heads.
I will start a build thread this spring, just collecting parts now.

1002156i.jpg

a slant car that needs work with rust problems nothing over 2000

It's only worth what you are willin to pay.

The seller said the lowest hell go is 1500 but will trade.I have a have a 92 honda accord that I have around 850 in that I bought to resale. The seller acts like he wants to trade even. Didn't really know what a good price for the duster was.

If you can trade even and the duster drives I would go for it.

Went today to trade cars. This is going to be one of those projects as I'm going to restore this for my little girl. She is soooo happy daddy got her an A body. It was getting dark time I got home and unloaded it so I didn't get any pics but will post sum soon.

Attachments

• IMG00070-20110102-1711.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 102
-
Back