whats cooler a show car or a drag car

-
The drag strip has the best car show period. I went to Monster Mopar at Indy last year. It just so happened the Good Guys car show was at the Brickyard so we figured it was worth checking out. The Good Guys had lots of crafty cars, but the energy was low. One guy started his car with open headers and we almost got trampled.
Muscle cars were made to heard and ran at the track!

I guess I'm not in to either one like some of the others. I like the original strong running driver with patina, even some primer spots is fine.

I went to car shows and drag strips growing up and it just got old real quick for me. Haven't been to either in probably over 20 years. Don't get me wrong, I respect it and I am glad people are into them as I enjoy catching a glimpse here and there. Just not my thing personally.

I took my Barracuda drag car for the first time to a car show a week ago. There are normally 800 cars at this show each year but only about 500 this time due to weather. Caused quite a stir when I drove in with open headers. I even won a sponsor's choice award and a jacket. I left the rubber on the quarter panels for credibility.

I say a quick street/show car. One that when you pull it on the track every other weekend people ask why you put that on the track!?. I say because that's what is for!

-
Back