whats eceryone running for electronic ign distributor and wires

-

duster731

young gun
Reaction score
I would like to upgrade my dist to a better one... How are those pro comp dist are they reliable and do they work good also is the hei style better with the cap prongs that stick up.....

The Cap Prongs you speak of is the cap style you mean? If thats the case, it does not matter wheather you go with the male or female type, just as long as your plug wires will hook to them.

Yes but the cap I'm talking about looks a lot cleaner and nicer then what I have now..... The look of the msd wires and cap is what I want along with a nice distributor but not at there price

Using MSD 6AL box, dist. and all of their other stuff...works great

Attachments

• DSCF3629 (Medium).jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 226
  • engine014 (Medium).jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 228
firecore 50 8.5mm wires are some of the nicest iv come across and fit nice

I bought one of those procomp distributors. Junk! Seemed ok above 2000rpm but when it dropped below the engine popped and banged like it had 4 bent push rods. Save your money and buy a good MSD for $204 from summit. If you want I will send my procomp to you if you pay shipping. It looks pretty!

I would like to upgrade my dist to a better one... How are those pro comp dist are they reliable and do they work good also is the hei style better with the cap prongs that stick up.....

HEI is an electronic ignition system where everything is (mostly) contained in the distributor and cap. Works well for a GM invention.

-
Back