What's everybody doing for seats?

-

sefus

Reaction score
So my front bench was trashed, got some charger seats (see thread in "Items for Sale") that will be way big, A body buckets are rare, and the Summit cheapys are, well cheap. So before I break down and make the Summit order, has anyone found any good looking and fitting alternatives? Thanks!

I have a set of A body buckets that are from a 73 Duster (I think). Why not try a later year from another Chrylser car. I hear that older Dodge Van bucket seats are the same not sure about the seat tracks though.

I would go to the salvage yard and see what other seats are there. You never know what you might find.

Yeah I thought of the van seats, might do a run to the pic and pull. I just want something 'better' than the plastic, uncomfortable, dime a dozen whatevers.

Try seats from an Omni or a 2.2 car. Some of them have the studs in em that match up. I think the bolt pattern is 12"x 12" or 14"x14"( measure) in A bodys. as long as you get the bolts in some meat in the floor you'll be OK. AND NOT JUST IN THE FLOOR PAN.

dang those seats look pretty good, if anyone has those and comments on them, i need some seats to, hell my dad said i could put some challenger seats in my cuda, but i dunno if they would work to well they need covers and a new backing :silent:

Some of you might frown at my seats, but I used a set out of a 87 Nissan Pulsar. Very confortable and they match what I got planned for my interior. Hardest part was the fabrication of the brackets.

Ran into the seat problem here too. I went junkyard shopping and found a real nice set out of a 91 Plymouth Laser for $75 that recline and have lumbar adjustments. Real comfortable and since their cloth it makes not having air not quite as bad. The only hard part was adapting them to the stock Cuda seat slides. They dropped down in the middle just enough that I had to make brackets to space them up to clear things. The first one took me about 6 hours of diggin around to find the right pieces of metal to make what I needed. Monday I'll get the pass side in. Since I've done one it should be a breeze now that I know what to do. Then I have to get the rear seat recovered to match them.

I've got a nice pair of what I think are '67 Dart GT seats (might be 68 or 69) for sale. They need redoing but are good cores, not rusty or broken. Rear seat too.

You must pickup here in Ottawa, Ontario. 1.5 hours from Ogdensburg, NY. $200 for all of it.

In my 65 cuda I have a set of buckets out of a 87 Tirismo ( spell check) And in my 66 Dart i have a set out of a 75 Dart 4 door. got the ones for the Cuda for $25 from my daughter and her husband, and the ones in my Dart I got out of a car we parted out.

I'm going with a set of the scat procar seats from summit,I have a friend who put some in his car they are very comfortable.

yeah i will be another person to be frowned upon probably but we got the bucket seats for free and all they had was minor wear on them..... but i have a set of GM bucket seats out of a 442 in my 71 dart swinger.... all we had to do was a little fab work.... we used the original slides that came on the seat just fabbed up some braces to go on the thin sheet metal through the floor boards.... they seat really well in there and once i get the passenger seat in i will get some pictures.... the only problem was that we had to put a washer or 2 under the driver front because it was a little leany lol..... but hey they are buckets and they are very comfortable .....

I fitted Cordoda seats in mine ... see here another thread. Of course I had to fit to the floor, but they are almost all like that I guess.
dart_int2.jpg

Got the seats for 100$cnd, for all, fronts and back.

Good luck

dart_int2.jpg

Charger seats are too big??

I have a set of seats from a 74 Charger SE waiting to go in. I didn't THINK there would be a problem, but I haven't tried to mock them up yet. I have (the wrong) bench in my car now, and my head WOULD be in the liner (if I had one).

I really want Corbeau TRS seats...but the charger seats were cheap ($50).

Crap..may end up dropping the coin on seats after all.

Try the Charger seats, they may fit.

Legendary, and Year One, sells the seat foam,
and it is the same, for many cars.

You can also try ebay.

Oh, when I had my carpet out, i noticed that there are 4 plugged holes,
in the floor from the factory, that would have been used for a bench seat.

Sorry I did not take a photo of the plugged holes, LOL.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cavemanmoron/detail?.dir=d15e&.dnm=d857.jpg&.src=ph

I used 74 Duster seats for the Demon. Had them recovered and the Dodge Demon logo put on them.
Hey what can I say, man do they stand out!

SEAT1s.jpg

superdart said:
Charger seats are too big??

I have a set of seats from a 74 Charger SE waiting to go in. I didn't THINK there would be a problem, but I haven't tried to mock them up yet. I have (the wrong) bench in my car now, and my head WOULD be in the liner (if I had one).

I really want Corbeau TRS seats...but the charger seats were cheap ($50).

Crap..may end up dropping the coin on seats after all.

Heck if Moparfan fit Cordoba seats in his, Charger seats should fit in yours. They shouldn't be any bigger than the Doby seats.

Get out a tape measure and see how they look with it first. That would give you a good idea but I bet they will fit. Many of the seat frames underneath are the same. Just the foam was shaped different.

I guess I'll just need to mock them up along with my new center console, just to make sure everything is copacetic:thumblef:

I used a pair out of a 76 Volare buckets ($50 from the old car heaven yard) in my Duster, look great and original but the mount holes were off a little.............

i had a set of 74 volare seats in my 67 valiant and they bolted right in.
ugly and red but they were bucket seat..

i think i would like to try some ford aerostar seats.. MMm power seats.. lol

I'm using Acura Integra buckets. They are very similar throughout the years, mine are from a 91 4 door though. The mounting can be a little tricky, but it's nothing a welder and some metal can't fix.

I'm going to try these that I got from a 99-00 dodge avenger.. not sure of the fitment but since I'm replacing/modding floor pan anyway i thought I would give em a try....for $35 a piece why not...

DSCF0003 (Small).JPG

Those seats look like they have more knobs and levers than my dash board!:happy3:

I actually think I'm going to go with Procar Rave seats (in black). I'm just afraid that even after I recover the Charger seats they won't be what I really want, and ultimately just be throwing money away.

I only want to do this once.....
IN_Pro30_1wb.jpg

Besides I have a killer plan for a rear stiffening bar to mount the 5 point harness retractors to.

-
Back