What's everyone working on??? Ver.2.0

-

THEWHITEZOMBIE

Mopars an Heavy Metal
Reaction score
Hey guys, Long time since ive actually sat down an got onto the boards. Silly thing called life caught up to me. For all you senior members that have been around with me since day one saw me build the Dart up from a little 318 to a now 440 car. The car has been in storage since 08' an i have only seen the car twice since then. Thats life for ya, anyways im going to go visit it this weekend an (6 hours away form me) an i can sure feel the bug bitting me again. I hope to bring it back home once everything settles down with finding a new house with the wife an boy. Anyways what are some of your daily projects like these days?

I'll start it offabout 3 years ago i picked up a Ford F250 4x4 Highboy for my camping an 4wheeling addiction. Been doing a slow resto on it while i drive it to work an camping.Specs.390FE big block fordNP435 4spdDana 24 t-caseDana 44 FtDana 60 liftbald 38.5's Manual steering an breaks. Plans for a Cummins to pull as tow rig duty to the track with the Dart

-'65 Porsche 356 in bare metal. Just finished painting engine compartment for engine install.

-'55 Studebaker commander in House of Kolor Zenith Gold. Just fired the SBC in it on Wednesday. Polishing trim on it and installing trim.

-'66 D100 Short box. Cab and bed are off the frame. Frame is done, installing steering and suspension. Getting it ready for 5.7 Hemi

Lots of other stuff at home, too;

-'64 Savoy 2 door post, factory black. getting panels ready for complete paint.
-'73 Plymouth Scamp of Amy's in sassy grass green. engine is out, installing pistons this weekend.

Been gathering parts and doing the manual disc swap so far. Planning our wedding sidetracked everything for a bit but am gonna get back at it mid-June. Still need carbs for the tunnel ram 440,S6-440 swap mounts, headers, and some floorpan patching. And of course all the little crap that ties it together. We plan do do the floorpans, frame connectors, spring relocate and trunk mods all in one barrage of sparks and sheetmetal. Some cringe but for money reasons, we are using a Ford 8.8 on Mopar Superstock leafs. At this point the hardest part has been finding headers that we can afford.

Attachments

• valiant2 001.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 192
  • valiant brakes.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 196
  • valiant and reunion 013.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 193
Red is catch as catch can:

Old and new:

Attachments

• '67 cuda pict 001.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 198
  • Christmas 2012 progress 030.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 195
And more. Idea is, use up the new, bought parts and go as far as I can on interior, etc. Right now, learning how to straighten, polish and paint aluminum parts. . .so I can do the grilles. Eek!

The 'Vert; well, just imagine that up on jack stands now, with the front end suspension tore out from under it. Had, too, was going to fall out on the road. Parts coming as we speak; cleaning the messy stuff up with daughter right now. . .

I've been working on swapping a 351c, 4 speed toploader and 9 inch from a 73 torino to a nicer 74 automatic torino. Swapping everything over for my dad. Then I'm going to take the old 302 from the 74 torino and put it into my toyota :) I would have liked to have gone mopar power but the 302 is smaller and I already had it to boot. Then after that is done Ill finish off the summer by doing some body work on a 383 gts. Probably do a bit of work on my dart some point in between.

Going to be a busy summer

okay, pictures:

Attachments

• Christmas 2012 progress 012.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Christmas 2012 progress 027.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Christmas 2012 progress 011.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Christmas 2012 progress 018.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Christmas 2012 progress 028.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 187
and more:

Attachments

• Christmas 2012 progress 091.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Christmas 2012 progress 047.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 193
....finding a new house with the wife an boy. Anyways what are some of your daily projects like these days?

Glad to see ya made it back, Zombie! Speaking of houses.....I snatched up a fixer-upper about 13 months ago. The plan was to just give it a quick paint job/fresh carpet, then rent it. Well, you know how car projects start spinning outta control into a full-blown resto? Hopefully, I'll see a light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Attachments

• DSCF2240.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 152
working on a 92 jeep cherokee i have dana 60 sitting ing the garage along with a for sterling. 400hp 351 windsor ford Aod trans and a 203 205 doubler fro a trans free case. Zombie that is one really cool truck

-
Back