What's in Phoenix?

-

Steves65

Reaction score
Hey guys....I am going to Phoenix for a couple of days, never been there before...I'm thinking I should bring an extra suitcase with me and pick up some rust free parts while I'm out there for my 65.....I can't get anything too big, parts would have to fit into a suitcase so I can get some free shipping (I'm not paying for the trip). My 65 Vert is pretty solid...except for the rear quarters being rotted out at the bottom, which I think is pretty common....I wish I could get rear quarters, but I'm not sure if I want to get small patch panels (to fit in the suitcase) or just wait and spend the big $$ some day on full size quarters....so long story short...where should I go to look for parts?

I'm willing to bet there are not many salvage yards in Phoenix with old Mopars.

Well DVAP is the first one that comes to mind, they are on the North end up near me. Most everything has new cars that ive found.

They Are The Only Ones I Have Heard Of, But Also Heard They Are Expensive So I Was Hoping For Some Other Options

yea not cheap. get ahold of BadAss71, he is on the south end, same with 6pack2go

Lots of titty bars I bet.

DVAP is the only one I know of with lots of Mopar inventory. Pics are from 3 years ago. I was there helping a FABO member get a 1/4 panel for an Early A. They had many to choose from....

Not the most friendly or helpful, but lots to choose from.... Good Luck :cheers:

Attachments

• DVAP 001.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 259
  • DVAP 002.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 232
  • DVAP 004.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 228
  • DVAP 024.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 239
  • DVAP 031.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 220
Look for Chino Bandido's (as featured on Diners Dives and Drive Ins) - a Phoenix original. Let them know it's your first time and they'll teach you how to order.

(I like the 7/9 Black/White combo)

It is Important to keep in mind that Phoenix is 50 miles across from Goodyear, west of the city on I-10(29 miles to Downtown) to Gilbert.(east to west/southwest) And, 40 miles from Tempe to Union Hills Drive and I-17.(southeast to north,northwest) which is still south of desert valley auto. So, plan to take a lot of time. But Enjoy yourself! The Traffic sucks, and leave early! LOL

It is Important to keep in mind that Phoenix is 50 miles across from Goodyear, west of the city on I-10(29 miles to Downtown) to Gilbert.(east to west/southwest) And, 40 miles from Tempe to Union Hills Drive and I-17.(southeast to north,northwest) which is still south of desert valley auto. So, plan to take a lot of time. But Enjoy yourself! The Traffic sucks, and leave early! LOL

haha yea its REALLY spread out

Sunscreen and water are a good thing pretty much anywhere around here.

More pics

Attachments

• DSCN1557 (800x600).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN1556 (800x600).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCN1555 (800x600).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN1554 (800x600).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN1553 (800x600).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN1552 (800x600).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 137
snakes and, and all kinds of spiders as well! Illegals trying to hide in your car Coyotes shooting at other coyotes,etc.

Hey Everyone, I'm back from Phoenix, saw some cool stuff and checked out DVAP. Here are a few pics from their lot

Looks like things haven't changed much there.....Hope you had a nice time in the Valley :thumbup:

snakes and, and all kinds of spiders as well! Illegals trying to hide in your car Coyotes shooting at other coyotes,etc.

Hogwash

Never seen a spider or snake bigger than ME or a coyote that wasn't on 4 legs :)

Never seen a spider or snake bigger than ME or a coyote that wasn't on 4 legs :)

Me neither.....what is in Phx right now is an "excessive heat warning"....don't miss that one bit. If I ever go back down there with enough planning I would like to see
http://azstateparks.com/Parks/KACA/index.html
again, was the neatest place I have ever been. Nothing like being underground in a cave and having the lights go out...talk about a peaceful feeling.....and putting things in perspective for you, even if only for a few moments...

Look for Chino Bandido's (as featured on Diners Dives and Drive Ins) - a Phoenix original. Let them know it's your first time and they'll teach you how to order.

(I like the 7/9 Black/White combo)

Thanks for the suggestion, it was great!

Attachments

• IMG_20140522_194216_576.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20140522_195810_916.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 107
If you ever go through there again, there is also a DVAP in Casa Grande, about halfway in between Phoenix and Tucson. last time me and my dad went through the Phoenix one we came back with a passenger door for his '66 charger. they tend to be expensive, but you cant beat them for sheet-metal.

Also saw this guy driving around....it was great to see some old rust free rides...

Attachments

• IMG_20140522_164555_918.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 61
I have a bunch of 64-65 Plymouth barracuda parts that will work on your car. just hit me up next time your back in phoenix. I have a bunch of parts that will fit in your suitcase

-
Back