Whats in your Bag/Box

-

Lakeeffect

Drive Fast , Take Chances
Reaction score
I drive my car a lot when there is no snow on the ground. Beer distributor, Autox day or even a 600mi trip to my parents. Some times i carry half my tool box but i always have bag for just random stuff. Here is mine minus basic tools. What do you guys carry in the trunk?

My basic SHTF Bag

Attachments

• IMG_0336.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 261
I carry a metal coat hanger with me always now ever since my rear exhaust hanget broke in the middle of the desert...that wasn't fun had to find some junk on the side of the road to tie it up with:)

Why do you carry a broken fuel gauge???

because i dont have one that works LOL.......nice 5,000 , heres a "woot woot"

unless your joking with him, I think he means he carrys a gas can since his gas gauge is broken

lmao... yea , Bruce was joking lol

2 years later and im still judging my fuel level by shaking the back of the car listening for the pitch of the "swishing" lol

Is that a motor mount? You are more man than I am lol.

My box looks about the same. I have a cheap $10 home depot tool kit with sockets and all that. Throw some heater hose in there too. I've blown two in the last year.

These are pricey but I'm thinking about buying one to match my trunk mat. I've never seen one of these until a few days ago.

http://tinyurl.com/9boj8nn (ebay)

Here's what one looks like in a trunk. Looks a lot better than the cardboard box I have.

http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg485/brodeur1290/?action=view&current=DSCN1247.jpg

A good used ecu in the glove box and this in the trunk just in case :D
so far so good.

Attachments

• vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20017.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 143
  • vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20072.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 149
Two things I don't see there are duct tape and a spare ballast.

Cell phone. Don't leave home without it. :icon_smi:

I have a box of parts in my trunk with spares similar to what's in the first picture. I came across a new Fuel pump at a swap meet for about $5 so I threw that in there too.

I drove my e-bay 68 special from CA to Ohio with a handful of tools I carried on the plane. A few 3/8" drive sockets, ratchet wrench with short extension, phillips and straight screwdrivers, needle-nose and regular pliers and that was about it. Changed the T-stat outside Sacramento and the T-stat in NV along the way. (did not have a jack, front and rear bolt patterns were different so I only had a spare that fit the front, didn't have a lug wrench anyway but I bought a can of Fix-a-flat at Walmart somewhere in CA)

Two things I don't see there are duct tape and a spare ballast.

I run a MSD 7al soo I dont run a ballast. but i do carry one in the glove box still. i got the Pig tails for the MP Elec setup if i HAD to wire in it in i could.

hmm Duct tape. I thaught i had some in there.

It may only be me,,,but no matter how many parts or tools I carry,,I always need somthin' I ain't GOT !!

I carry ArmorAll tube of cleaner, protector and class cleaner. A bottle of tire foam. A California duster. Three towels and four chamois. And one quart of Amsoil Zrod 20W50 oil. Oh yeah, and two fold out chairs for the car shows.

-
Back