What's it cost to re-core and add a core?

-

ermarccio

Reaction score
I have a 68 Barracuda that originally had a 318 engine. The plan is to build a 408 next time around. I want to make sure my radiator can handle this. I brought it to local and reputable radiator guy and was quoted $860 to re-core and add a row (make it a 3 row). Also a new lower tank will be required to fit the third row. Does this price sound right? I called Cool Craft and their top of the line radiator is $750. I wanted to run this price by you all to see what you think.

Thanks,
Eric

My 3 core 200$ champion radiator works great

I paid $550 to have my 67 stock 2 row 1/2" to a 3 row 7/16" using both stock tanks.
Best deal and choice is this exactly..Radiator shops are ever fewer as time goes by.

I did a top tank removal and rodding out about 5 years ago. Myself.But I enjoy challenges in soldering.

Just curious why a recore instead of a after market one? The look?

Just curious why a recore instead of a after market one? The look?
I considered both, was advised by members here that brass & copper cool better than aluminum. That was a factor for me but mainly it was
keeping the stock look. My top tank is pristine with all the factory tags and with my fabricated fan shroud it came out with a nice "born with" look.

-
Back