What's it made of?

-
It's like a really thick tar paper. Like you'd use under roofing. I'm sure they repop them
Yeah..thats why I was asking, Detroit Muscle has some on ebay that are felt paper and rubber. I thought it was like tat paper but I couldn't remember. Thank you for you help

I'm a couple days away from finding out what the original is made of, but the repop version is a 1/4" thick piece of vinyl-foam.

My origional and replacement were both made of a tar paper like material.
Yote
I replace the tank in my 65 Barracuda in the middle of last year I matched the OEM material with #30 roofing felt. I cut it out to size and tacked it in place with black, high temp RTV. Once installed you can't see it, but I consider it better than OEM and neater. The felt acts as an "chafing isolator" and sound proofing between the body and the tank.

I used the rubber membrane material used in the roofing industry . It is not tar paper which absorbs moisture . I lightly sprayed contact adhesive on tank and applied membrane after trimming to be sure it couldn't be seen . Worked awesome .

I replace the tank in my 65 Barracuda in the middle of last year I matched the OEM material with #30 roofing felt. I cut it out to size and tacked it in place with black, high temp RTV. Once installed you can't see it, but I consider it better than OEM and neater. The felt acts as an "chafing isolator" and sound proofing between the body and the tank.
about anything will work !

No problem, I think I have probably been called several things in my life. Pretty sure they must have had a smart phone also thirty years ago LOL.
YOTE

I'm a couple days away from finding out what the original is made of, but the repop version is a 1/4" thick piece of vinyl-foam.
g413, Detroit Muscle has some that are paper and some that are rubber to choose from and I was told Mega Parts has them too.

-
Back