Whats it worth ? 340

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Whats the going price for a good rebuildable 340.

Its a 72 block. LD340 intake, headers, windage tray. It has mid 80s 360 heads on it.

I would be keeping the valve covers but I think I have another set I could put on it. Also keeping the carb.

I have a set of 273 adjustable rocker arms I can throw in with the deal. Also have a set of Magnum heads, valve covers, rockers and head bolts.

Is $800 to much to ask I was thinking $1000 with the Magnum heads

Depends on how you define 'rebuildable'. My 340 block required 4 sleeves, but it was rebuildable. Maybe 'salvagable' is a better term.

I havent had the heads off it yet but the compression test shows its healthy other then the low oil pressure.

Since they were produced for only a short time, any rebuildable/savagable 340 *shortblock* is like gold. I haven't been in the market for a while but I'd guess it's worth at least $1000. The 360 heads don't add all that much value. The Edelbrock LD340 manifold has been out of production for some time, and is a good piece -- somewhat better than the OEM iron intake manifold. You didn't mention which "carbonator" you have.

Bryan

'68 340-S fishback
'69 340-S ragged-top

BTW, the 273 rockers require a little work in order to be used on 340/360 heads. Some grinding is needed to supply clearance for the larger diameter valve springs. Been there, done that... using Harland-Sharps, now. ;-)

Bryan

I've got a 73 340 that needs a complete overhaul, was offered 600.00 for it a couple of years ago when I didn't want to sell it. Now that I'm thinking about unloading it I was figuring around 700.00 So I don't think you're out of the ballpark at 800.00

Selling your 340? Hmmm.... let me guess. That big block K frame & headers have been talking to you again. 8)

Am I close? :-k

-
Back