What's it worth? 70 Duster project

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
About 6 months ago, I went to a guy's house on an island to buy a set of A body inner fenders. While I was there, he offered me a car, and said if I didn't take it, he was going to crush it. I have no time for it right now, and honestly, I'm not really that interested in restoring it. I have found a car that I have been looking for, for a long time, and this one is not it.

1970 Plymouth Duster, has a clear title in my name. Originally a /6 auto. Has a build sheet, TX9 (black) exterior with red interior. Split bench, auto on the column, dual mirrors. Minimal rust in the quarters, just a small bit of rot right behind the rear wheel on the passenger side. The drivers side floor has been cut out, but I believe there is a floor section inside. I have the doors (rust free) at my house, they aren't pictured, but the red door panels are on them, and both mirrors. Tail lights are in good shape, no cracks or chips. Grill is in great shape. Only one bumper with it which has been painted black. Front fenders need some work at the bottoms, and they have the fender mounted turn signals on them, as well as Valiant emblems.
No engine or tranny in the car, but I have a running 318 with 904, Edelbrock RPM 4 bbl intake, and an Edelbrock 4 bbl carb (not sure of size) that I can include with the car.

Oh, forgot to mention, I also have the hood for the car in my garage.

Could anyone give me an estimated guess on what this car is worth? And please no 'scrap metal' comments.

DSC03404.jpg

DSC03405.jpg

DSC03406.jpg

DSC03408.jpg

DSC03409.jpg

DSC03412.jpg

DSC03413.jpg

DSC03414.jpg

DSC03415.jpg

DSC03419.jpg

DSC03418.jpg

DSC03410.jpg

DSC04071.jpg

I'd say $500. You could get more from parting it out but if a guy is interested in building it, then sell it.

I would guess around $500 too. Hopefully it doesn't end up getting parted out. Don't see to many black on red cars. Definitely not scrap metal.

I would go $800-1000 b/c of the sweet color combo and all the parts, black/red int would make a sweet 340 clone, matte black hood & black 340 stripe black steelies....Sinister

You can get $1000-$500 I wouldent take any less then $500 and wouldent ask any more then $1000

Awesome, thanks for the input guys. I definitely wasn't going to part it out. It's a rare colour combo, and the parts it has are in good shape. I was planning on putting the doors back on first to make it look more complete, and then listing it.

I would clean it up and bolt the parts on and make it a roller.
I would say dont take less than 500 but you could get more with it cleaned up and bolted together.

It currently is a roller. I don't want to bolt the grill and tail lights on, as I'm afraid they will somehow get broken, making the value of the car go down.

$ 500.00 is a steal. Go grab it before it's gone

It looks like a 70, but close to last pic; grille not 70. Or I had too many today, pulling off a 70 grille. Maybe the paint fumes from primer; dunno, don't remember all those angles...

Man, I'd love to have that to put back to stock, except, with a big stroker...

The other grill you see was just sitting inside the car. It's for a 75/76 Dart swinger/sport.

It looks like a 70, but close to last pic; grille not 70. Or I had too many today, pulling off a 70 grille. Maybe the paint fumes from primer; dunno, don't remember all those angles...

Damn, I wish I had an extra $500 and a place to put it or I'd definitley buy it from ya Mike....

I'm going to have to pass hehe ;) Hey Mike, could I please use those pictures on my website?

-
Back