What's it worth? Cummins tow rig

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
I'm considering doing a trade and need some help putting a value on this rig. Its an 89 D350 with about 150k. 12 valve Cummins and auto trans. This is the only picture I currently have. Truck is in pretty decent shape. Has a small bed on the back with a goose neck receiver. Any idea?

Attachments

• 2 Dodge trucks.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 182
That's about where I think it should be as well. I've looked all over the place and cannot find anything of this generation for sale any where. Seems it's very unique.

I'm pretty sure that the 89's are not intercooled. The intercooled ones are far better. Just to give you a guage , I bought this one a year ago for $3800 with 192 on it. Then I painted it and did suspension work and wheels, and a few other minor things. I probably have 7K in it now. Here's a before and after pic.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 005.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 003.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 133
What is in side the 'camper'? Sleeping area...seating...etc..

I would think for the right person a towing rig like that may be worth more than a stock 89. If it's nice and runs good. I wouldn't think 6K would be out of line.

Generally 2wd, auto, cummins trucks go anywhere from about 3k to 6k depending on condition, mileage, etc... that sleeper setup kinda throws a curve ball at you, it's a very specialized body so it's hard to say if it adds value or hurts it. I'd say barring any major mechanical problems 5k to 6k would be a fair price range for that rig.

-
Back