-
Status
Not open for further replies.

2-66 Cudas

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I looked at a built 225/ today. It has a Clifford 4 bbl intake, true split headers and is supposed to have the head shaved and bigger valves. No carb but it had a Holley 650 on it when it was in a 70's Dodge shorty van. Motor was built about 20 years ago but has less than 800 miles on it. Been hanging on an engine stand for about 16 years. Of all things, it had a GM 4 speed mated to it that comes with it. Thoughts?

He would like to get $700 for the whole shabang! I am going to pop the valve cover and oil pan for a peak at the innards. Wonder how that GM trans would adapt to the 3 speed crossmember? I want to put this in my 2 door post -SLEEPER!

I was gonna say about $1200, but actually, that seems a bit high. Got an ignition? I'm sure there's no receipts, right? There's never any warranty with this type of thing, so I'll say right around that price seems fair. Identify the trans.....there's some value there too, if you wanna unload it.

He would like to get $700 for the whole shabang! I am going to pop the valve cover and oil pan for a peak at the innards. Wonder how that GM trans would adapt to the 3 speed crossmember? I want to put this in my 2 door post -SLEEPER!

Key words "he would like to get", offer him 5 and see if he bites. The intake and headers would eat most of that up alone.

Out of the garage price to me I would start at $250 and work your way up.
You can always go up but not down.

Also the GM trans if my memory is right came in about 84-85 D100 trucks with a slant from the factory, so it will be a long tail shaft.

Got the motor and trans on Sat. Popped the valve cover and oil pan. This thing is SUPER CLEAN inside. As soon as I have more time, will post pics and numbers. I did see a 4 78 stamped on the exhaust side of the block. Engine came out of a Dodge 1/2 ton shorty van. He said it had a 650 Holley on it and ran like a raped ape through the first 3 gears. His Uncle built it and gave him the van for his 18th birthday. The van body gave out and he pulled the motor and hung it on a stand about 18 years ago. It turns over with a socket and ratchet. Gave him $400 pending internal inspection - I think I'll go the additional $300 now that I've seen the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back